Menu
Londoneye2
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Moved abroad

I have moved abroad and didn't have an opportunity to get my mobile set up before I left. I need to get my phone working here and the only way to do it seems to be to call Virgin Media, but I don't have a working phone so I can't call anyone. If my phone was working I wouldn't need to call them. I don't have access to a landline. I spent 50 mins waiting for someone to be available on webchat (no queuing system!) only to be told to call!

Is there an email address??

I can't get rid of the song "There's a hole in my bucket" out of my head!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved abroad

Hi Londoneye2,

Have you checked the settings in your account?

I'm assuming that you're "pay monthly", you'll also need to have been a customer for more than three months:

Go to "Manage my services" > "Roaming" needs to be set to ON & "International call barring" needs to be set to OFF

If you need to, you can make the change by moving the "switch" in your account by clicking the other side of the rectangle box.

If you have to make a change to the settings, allow time for your account to update then reboot your phone.
(Virgin advise that this may take upto 24 or longer from abroad).

I would advise periodically turning the phone off/on to see if it finds and selects a network.

You may have to go into the phone's settings and do a manual search.

Also check that roaming is enabled on the handset itself.

Let us know how you get on.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Londoneye2
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can't get into my account as I can't remember my password (if I ever knew it) and the forgotten password option, guess what... sends you a text! But I am not receiving texts because my phone isn't working here.

There is a hole in my bucket.

0 Kudos
Londoneye2
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry AlexKid,

I should give you credit because that is a good answer, if I could get into my account.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Londoneye2,

There is no email address.

If you are able to gain the use of another phone, their UK support line number is: +447953 967 967

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Londoneye2,

Thank you for coming in and posting about the phone being used abroad.

We tend to ask that the phone is setup before departure to ensure that we can send the relevant packets needed to establish connectivity in countries outside of the UK network.

I am sorry that this wasn't able to be possible in time for your travel, I would like to ask if there's been any help from calling into the team?

I hope that you are enjoying your time away from the UK and if you need anything, please let me know.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos