Menu
iain62
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mobile would not work abroad

Switched 'use abroad' arrow on my account, it confirmed I could now use phone abroad, but as soon as we hit the channel and Europe...nothing. Couldn't send texts and couldn't make calls. I have a Sony Experia E1 and a Virgin SIM card contract. I see others have had similar problems. Is this a 'Virgin' thing and therefore I will need to switch providers or am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile would not work abroad

At the moment looks like it is a Virgin thing judging by the quantity of posts on the subject. All those people can't be making the same mistake

0 Kudos
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

See my latest post, I was so frustrated by the answers on here I emailed the ceo directly and one of his team resolved it almost straight away !, it's a real pity the forum team are useless and I had to go over their heads.
0 Kudos
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi iain62,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear your're experiencing issues roaming abroad.

I'd like to help you get this sorted.

I've included a link here to a previous post which has all relevant checks you can carry out online to make sure roaming is active.

If you are still experiencing issues after trying these steps I would recommend calling us on either +447953967967 or if this is not available call us on 00 44345 6000 789 from a working landline or roaming handset..

Let me know how it goes.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos