Menu
dutch5
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Lost phone

Hi,

I've lost my phone today and tried everything to locate it.

It's a one plus 1  and according to my android device manager, it was last online 7march 2016. but I've used it today to check the weather.

I was thinking if Virgin can see from the signal where my phone had it's last contact to the network.

The sim is blocked now and most likely the batt died, so I was wondering if virgin can track a phone like that and if they would give that info to a customer who can give them enough details/proof that it's about my phone.

I've backed up everything except some amazing pictures of the last 2 days.

would love to find my phone and most likely it's laying in a field somewhere.

thanks,

chris

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lost phone

I don't think they can. It will be EE who have the details of which was the last mast the phone connected to, and that is usually only released to the likes of the police.  

To narrow down an area the phone would have to be on and then using a system of triangulation they could get closer, but it would still be a big area.

As the phone / SIM is now dead this cant happen.

0 Kudos

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lost phone

I don't think they can. It will be EE who have the details of which was the last mast the phone connected to, and that is usually only released to the likes of the police.  

To narrow down an area the phone would have to be on and then using a system of triangulation they could get closer, but it would still be a big area.

As the phone / SIM is now dead this cant happen.

0 Kudos