Menu
Robbiegod
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Loss of signal at home for the last week

hi,,,last week we had a big virgin media package outage here,,,tv, phone, net, an mobile.

this was fixed within a couple of hours but coincidently since then we have been unable to get a mobile signal at home L35 2XJ area since.

we have rung virgin,,,1st the operator tried to fob us off with a new sim,,,we declined saying its not the sim,,,we can drive a mile away from home and the signal is great....it seems the local "mast" has a problem with virginmedia if that is possible....he said he would check with the network...put us on hold came back saying yeah network problem and will take a couple of days.

That's past and its still the same....we will ring back in a day or so

Has anybody any ideas....this has happened a couple of times over the last 4-5 years and seems we need to nag and nag people at virgin till "a switch" is switched somewere and the signal is good again.

Thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
Robbiegod
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of signal at home for the last week

Anybody any ideas....take it we need to ring back complaining

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robbiegod,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having some issues in your area. I've ran some searches on my side and I can see the network issue my colleague mentioned. I'm afraid we don't have a fix date on this currently.

Can you let me know what phone you're using so I can provide you with some tips?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Robbiegod
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

sir the phone in question is a Samsung s4 mini.

its great when we move away from the close in which we live...I presume this is because its picking up another mobile mast/signal

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Robbiegod Smiley Happy

I want to try a manual network selection on the phone to see if we can connect to any networks in your area. You can do this by going to Settings > Connections > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network operators and select any Virgin/EE/Orange/T-Mobile networks.

Give this a go and let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos