Menu
Dom1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Issue with voicemail on iPhone

Hi there.

We (me & my partner) recently switched over to Virgin Mobile from O2. Two phones from O2 to Virgin, both taking our numbers with us.

I initially set up my phone but had some voicemail issues. I then called up Virgin customer services over the weekend, got put through to a guy in a UK call centre who said that he had done something on their end with o2 and that it should all be done after 24 hours, he said if it didn't work then simply call back & an adjustment or two would fix it.  It wasn't working, so I called back a few days later & a lady in the UK refreshed the system & it was all set up.

I then went on to setup my girlfriends phone, however we encountered the same problem. I called up & was hoping that the exact same fix would be applied. However I have spent a few hours speaking to numerous people (not the UK technicians) who keep trying to tell me to things that are not permanently resolving the issue. 

I explained that I had the same issue with the other phone/account & that they fixed it. I asked if they could simply follow the same steps that resolved the issue on the first phone. However the operator on the phone insists that they are telling me how to resolve the issue & that its the only fix & that the phone must be broken. The thing is, what they are telling me to do is different than the first time around.

I have called up twice & spent approximately an hour each time. I'm just going around in circles. Is there a way I can speak to the UK technical department? As they seemed to understand my problem. 

Any help would be much appreciated, otherwise I will be looking to cancel both contracts & go to another provider.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Dom1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with voicemail on iPhone

Not sure if my message makes any sense, or if it appears to be the ramblings of a frutrated customer.

Either way, if someone from Virgin could please get in touch & then we can promptly sort out the problem. As I'm convinced that if I speak to the right person, it will be fixed in minutes.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dom1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I cannot apologise enough for the troubles you're experiencing with voicemail on the iPhone. This is definitely not something I like to hear especially as you're a new customer.

I'm very keen to get you some assistance here. I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Dom1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Its been 1 week since I submitted the help form.

How long does it normally take for someone to get in touch?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dom1,

Thanks for keeping me updated.

I've sent you a private message to discuss further.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Dom1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It has been 12 days since I submitted the help form request.

Is it normal to be ignored for this long?

Thanks

0 Kudos
tooseyman
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don't think they ever reply to form requests as I have also waited over 2 weeks. Impossible to even make a complaint as their live chat is permanently busy whatever time of day you try. To be honest this is worst customer service I have ever experienced from a company like this :-(

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dom1,

Thanks for posting.

I've sent you another private message.

Thanks

Rich