Menu
ianshaw1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I want to access my messages now I'm in Europ. None of the help numbers are available from the phone

I am travelling in Europe and trying to use text messaging on my virgin mobile. There is no online help (apart from this forum, of course) and all the numbers I've been told to ring bring up the message 'unavailable on the network'. None of the networks my phone prompts me to choose between (vodaphone etc.) are available either. Can anyone help, please?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to access my messages now I'm in Europ. None of the help numbers are available from th...

Hi ianshaw1,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your experiencing issues trying to roam abroad.

It sounds like roaming may not be activated on your account.

You can check roaming is active when you log into Your Account . Click on plans and devices then click the tab manage devices. Make sure roaming is set to on here. You can also check the call barring option to stop calls abroad isn't set to on.

If it is not activated it can take up to 24hrs to go active after being applied.

If it is active you could give us a call on +447953967967 from a roaming handset or landline so we can check over the phone for you.

Hope this helps.

Let me know how this goes.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ianshaw1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to access my messages now I'm in Europ. None of the help numbers are available from th...

Hi, Stephen,

Thanks very much for your reply.

I could have sworn the 'plans and devices' (or 'plan and device') tab wasn't visible on the website last week - hence my despair - but it is now, so I've been able to activate roaming.

With all best wishes,

Ian

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ian,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm glad to hear you've found the tab this time and finally got roaming activated. It may have been a glitch with the website or eye site.

Hope you enjoy your travels. Please let us know if there are any further problems.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos