Menu
outbound55
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have lost the will to live

I ordered a Virgin Data Card to go in a dongle.  I was assured it would work in Holland as I was working there. 

For 3 months now, I have been trying to get it to work.  I even bought a second dongle in case that was causing problems.  Once I did get through on the telephone and the card was turned on.   

I now have 5 green signal bar strength.  It tells me 'connection failed: invalid profile.  Please contact your service provider'.  I have tried to phone repeatedly but it is impossible to get through.  I have sent a letter by snail mail - no response.  I am paying over £20 a month for nothing.

Any ideas what I now do?  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have lost the will to live

Hi outbound55

Welcome to our community, I'm sorry to see you're having difficulty accessing data whilst in Holland. Are you all setup for data roaming?

Our handy guide for getting ready can be found on our page for roaming costs and coverage. You may also need to insert your SIM into a phone in order to text off for an EU data pass.

Hope this helps but any issues do let me know.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
outbound55
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for delay getting back you.  WiFi here is not good

Thanks for the suggestions but I have already tried all those.

It has proved impossible to access Virgin (including their 'Help line).  I want some technical advice but has proved/is proving impossible to get.  It beggars belief that a company such as Virgin (a communications company for God's sake) is unwilling to answer phones or letters.

Regards.

Don 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Don

I apologise for the frustrations here and I'd like to take a look at your account and see if I can shed any light on the situation. I've sent you a private message which you can view by clicking on the envelope in the top right.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos