Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HELP please from virgin tech

Hi I upgraded my daughter s phone contract to 4G. When she put new SIM in she had all of her services but no internet data. She tried to switch it back to 3G but still nothing. I phoned virgin who, despite being initially told by them that I could use new SIM immediately, advised that this was wrong and no data could be added as new SIM wasn't 3G compatible. Virgin could only send me a new 3G SIM to use until contract refresh date on 3 Dec and would then be sending ANOTHER 4G SIM to replace the 3G. Present situation is this....... Since Saturday 19th NO DATA .........NO NEW SIM ... DESPITE IT BEING PROMISED BY TUES 22ND AND NO UPDATE AS TO WHETHER 4G SIM is back on order. Having now read other users messages of virgin being able to enable 3G data on 4G SIM until refresh dates I would like to know if that is the case for our situation. PLEASE HELP AS LIKE OTHER CUSTOMERS EVERY TIME YOU RING YOU GET A DIFFERENT RESPONSE.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
richardjames73
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: HELP please from virgin tech

A 4G sim would fall back to 3G if 4G is not available, so dont understand them saying that the new sim is not 3G compatible. The new 4G sims will work (if properly enabled) on 2G, 3G and 4G networks. I hope you get to speak to someone soon who knows what they are talking about.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

UPDATE.....Just phoned virgin again as sim STILL not here. Finallly got through to tech team who say sim can definitely get 3G whilst waiting for 4G upgrade!!!!!!and that last person I spoke to was wrong,even though she told me that the first person I spoke to was wrong. Unfortunately tech can't help at minute as my daughter is not at home so will have to try them again later. WOW if everyone that I speak to tells me the last person was wrong when do I get to speak to the person who is definitely RIGHT 😁. I LOVE VIRGIN 😂

0 Kudos

All Replies
richardjames73
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A 4G sim would fall back to 3G if 4G is not available, so dont understand them saying that the new sim is not 3G compatible. The new 4G sims will work (if properly enabled) on 2G, 3G and 4G networks. I hope you get to speak to someone soon who knows what they are talking about.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

UPDATE.....Just phoned virgin again as sim STILL not here. Finallly got through to tech team who say sim can definitely get 3G whilst waiting for 4G upgrade!!!!!!and that last person I spoke to was wrong,even though she told me that the first person I spoke to was wrong. Unfortunately tech can't help at minute as my daughter is not at home so will have to try them again later. WOW if everyone that I speak to tells me the last person was wrong when do I get to speak to the person who is definitely RIGHT 😁. I LOVE VIRGIN 😂

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi 4059463,

I’m so sorry to hear about the issue that you have faced with your 4G SIM card, I would really love to get this look at for you, could you confirm if this issue is still on going?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Take care,

Kelly

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi problem finally resolved Sunday morning after Virgin cut ALL services off on my daughters phone by activating the sim I told them I hadn't received. New 4G sim arrived and it turns out you can have 3g on it until new roll over starts so all of the aggravation I went through was for nothing. I really hope your team have ALL been updated now because this became a nightmare.
0 Kudos