Menu
golfie
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Full 3g signal but no internet

I have Apple iPhone on 3g. Over the last few days despite a full 3g signal I have no internet connection. I can make calls, e mail texts etcs.

I've tried all the usual fixes such as switch on/off phone, reset phone, remove SIM and re insert. No joy.

Is there a problem in PA2 ? No problems in the past. I'm still below my 1Mb bundle

Golfie

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Full 3g signal but no internet

Hi golfie,

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting here with us.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing no 3G internet on your iPhone.

I'd like to help you get this sorted.

I have had a check and it appears we may have had an issues in your area around the time you posted.

Reports suggest this has now been resolved.

Could you let me know if this is the case if not I can certainly take a look into this for you.

Speak soon.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
golfie
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I spoke too soon. Its dead again!!! or at best intermittent??

Golfie

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi golfie,

Thanks for your replySmiley Happy

I've managed to locate your details and check your postcode area for you.

Checking the individual masts in the area it appears there is work planned over the next few days on some of the masts.

This is potentially why you are experiencing intermittent issues. As work is carried out the load would shift to another mast potentially causing that mast to experience congestion.

I would recommend we monitor it over the next few days as this potentially will resolve itself once the work has been completed.

Let me know how it goes.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
speedyrite
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Seeing the same in SW6 (home) & W14 (work) locations. Is there a known issue in those areas too?

0 Kudos
speedyrite
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Seems that there was an issue, but it must have been fixed now.

How do I know that? All is working normally again now - crucially nothing at all was changed on the phone to make it work again from the time when it wasn't working.

Not that it made any difference enquiring on here of course...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi speedyrite,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry you too were experiencing issues with your mobile data. I'm also sorry we haven't got back to you sooner. Not sure why you slipped past us.

The system I use to check network outages only shows data from the past 7 days. So I can't say for definite if there was an area fault. I suspect there was though as I see no other reason as to why you'd lose your internet.

I'm pleased to hear it's now working again. Please let us know if there are any further issues and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
speedyrite
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @Rich-B but still intermittently having no data connection (despite showing 3G connection) - this is in the Hammersmith Road W14 area near Olympia - it's not the phone or settings because all works fine everywhere else in London and the UK! Is there a currently known problem in the area please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi speedyrite,

Thanks for keeping me updated.

I'm disappointed to hear the internet service hasn't been fully restored for you. I've checked the W14 area but can't find anything. I'd like to be more specific with a full postcode.

I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
speedyrite
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Replied to your PM @Rich_B

0 Kudos