Menu
sdavis
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fraudulent Spam Call Cost Me Money

I recently checked my call log and saw a call made from my phone that ran for 28 minutes and cost me over £10. I did not know the number and when the call was made I was busy working and the phone was in a locked cupboard.

I called Virgin, they hung up on me as I was trying to explain the issues.

They said they would not refund the money and that only the phone could have made the call.

I've seen scams in the press where this has happened to other people but Virgin are trying to ignore it.

Has this happened to anyone else?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulent Spam Call Cost Me Money

If it's in the call log, it's either you or an installed app that has made the call. Either way, if it's in the call log, I can't see how it's Virgin's fault.

0 Kudos
sdavis
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When the call was supposed to have been made the phone was in a locked cupboard and I was in another part of the building. A number called earlier on in the day and the call was made to that number later in the day when my phone was not with me but the phone was on. I have seen in the media cases, denied of course by the companies involved, of people receiving missed calls and then receiving huge bills for calls to the same numbers they have never made. This I suspect is one of those cases and I would expect Virgin, in this day and age, to wake up to the possibility that their systems have been hacked and people can make calls using someone elses account.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When you say "call log" do you mean the one on the handset or the My Account section of the website?
0 Kudos