Menu
Beejay43
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Faulty phone

Upgraded my phone to a Nokia Lumina 735 on the 4th Nov. when received the SIM card was faulty which was replaced then when speaking nobody could hear me unless I was on speaker. Now the phone has gone altogether and it did come up with a message about needing hardware or software.  I have rung every week for the last 4 we.eks to complain and I am still waiting for an envelope to return phone for  repair or replacement.  I am at a loss as to where I go from here. Somebody please help 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Faulty phone

Luckily for you, the government is on your side.

As you purchased your phone after 1st October, you can demand a replacement (not repair) or a full refund. This applies to both the handset and the service contract. Your new consumer rights are summarised here. Note that for anyone else, your rights haven't changed that much, they've just been more rigidly defined - and they seem to have had mobile contracts in mind specifically when the new law was drafted.

You should expect to be given the runaround by someone who either has no idea what consumer rights are, or has been trained to make you feel like you have none. I normally think it's the former, unless I'm feeling particularly cynical on that day. Record your call.

Good luck.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Faulty phone

Luckily for you, the government is on your side.

As you purchased your phone after 1st October, you can demand a replacement (not repair) or a full refund. This applies to both the handset and the service contract. Your new consumer rights are summarised here. Note that for anyone else, your rights haven't changed that much, they've just been more rigidly defined - and they seem to have had mobile contracts in mind specifically when the new law was drafted.

You should expect to be given the runaround by someone who either has no idea what consumer rights are, or has been trained to make you feel like you have none. I normally think it's the former, unless I'm feeling particularly cynical on that day. Record your call.

Good luck.