Menu
macnor6963
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Exasperated in Portugal - No phone service

I have been in Portugal for 2 days now and despite spending HOURS on Virgin's web sites. Two phone calls (on my wife's phone - O2, works perfectly) to the USA(?), I still cannot use my phone. Taking battery out to reboot the sim is a wrong answer, Sony Experia M4 are a sealed unit. My phone tells me that the US operatives have installed the Roaming facility, but still no service, I cannot log on to MEO, the local service provider and Virgin

Mobile are absolutely hopeless. C'mon guys, this cannot be Rocket Science and I am getting very cheesed off. I need my phone to carry on my business .

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Exasperated in Portugal - No phone service

I guess you do have roaming switched on and International Call barring switched off?

However, it appears Virgin's network settings via the web don't always work and it needs doing from their end.

Second thoughts ---- you mention US operatives. Virgin US and Virgin UK are two totally different companies - this is a UK phone we are talking about?

0 Kudos
macnor6963
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Apparently, it's all my fault as I did not inform Virgin Mobile that I was leaving the country so they could enable Voice transmissions, but I would have had to pay for a Data Card. The very patronising operator told me the Americans were actually Philipinos and even though they had assured me that I would have a telephone service working within 24 hours, they were wrong, it takes up to 72 hours. As I moved from O2 who would send me a text message wherever I happened to have landed anywhere on the planet, detailing the service providers, my allowances and charges, guess who I am transferring my allegiance to as soon as I hit "Old Blighty" again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Macnor6963,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you've had some roaming issues. If you don't enable roaming before travelling, I'm afraid we havce no guarantee of enabling this once you're abroad. 

Please let me know if there's anything we can do to keep you. We'd hate to lose you as a customer.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos