Menu
steve263
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Doies virgin mobile have any phones for the hard of hearing? (smart phones)

I have a smart phone from Virgin, but these days my hearing is getting worse. Are there any phones from Virgin that I can change for that are suitable for me?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Doies virgin mobile have any phones for the hard of hearing? (smart phones)

Hi steve263,

Thanks for asking us this question.

We don't have any phones that are designed specifically for people who are hard of hearing, however most smart phones these days can adjust their volume quite considerably which maybe of some assistance to you. 

I know from experience that my father who struggles with this uses a blue tooth ear piece or in ear headphones which he finds helpful as they eliminate most if not all of the back ground noise. He uses them a lot particularly when he's out and about. 

Give it a try and let us know if this helps.

Many thanks  

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
steve263
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does virgin mobile have any phones for the hard of hearing? (smart phones)

Thanks for the reply. I have found out since that Virgin do not do the phone type that I was looking for. I have tried Bluetooth type ear pieces but have found them difficult with my ears. There is a phone type that is suitable to try, but at nearly £200 I will have to wait until my contract ends. I was hoping for an app that would boost the sound as I have mine turned right up anyway, but they do not seem to be around. There are plenty that work with ear pieces, and that will be the next option I guess, but as I use a hearing aid, I am not fussed on them.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does virgin mobile have any phones for the hard of hearing? (smart phones)

Hi steve263,

Thanks for getting back to me.

It is hard balancing practicality with need.

As I mentioned from personal experience with my father a ear piece is probably going to be your best and cheapest option.

Hope you find something that suits your needs. 

Let me know if you need anything

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos