Menu
paull37
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Disapointed

Well today 10/6/15 was the day i could finally have an upgrade from my sony xperia z which i had from new with virgin,it has been a 2 yr monthly contract,so i thought i would go for a change and see about a iphone 6 or 5,to my disapointment i was credit checked even tho im renewing my contract and because i dont meet the score which virgin go with im refused the iphone.

Now ive been with virgin for many years,my tv,broadband and land line are all the top packages and have been for a few years so when i get credit checked for a mobile and then refused im truely disapointed considering the amount of money i pay to virgin throughout the year.

I understand you checking someone who is new to you but for someone who has been with you for years and paying atleast £100 a month just for the tv,broadband package,let alone the £32 a month for my mobile,it really does make me wonder why i should bother keeping the services.Im not one for moaning and normally im very happy with the service i get.

Paul.

0 Kudos
seamus1958
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disapointed

You are not on your own.

Check your messages.

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

There are countless hundreds of us in the same boat.

I have a perfect credit score with Experian, (copy here in front of me) yet VM says NO...

OK, I went down the road to a competitor, and 20 mins later...walked out with a new phone...THEIR credit check? 'Yes, certainly sir, no problem, perfect score, only too pleased to help' 

Why should we have to spend time, money and effort trying to persuade VM we are credit worthy, when we have the proof in front of us??

Take the business somewhere else, more helpful...so far 2 x mobiles moved from VM, and in the process of organising TV/Broadband/phone as well...

If VM don't think I'm creditworthy unless I grovel & jump through hoops to prove it, then someone else will benefit from the £130+ per month I was paying them

PS I have been with VM (and previous incarnations for 20 years!!NEVER missed a payment of had payment troubles!!) 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi paull37

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear you have been unable to get the offer you wanted.

As a company we run a credit check for every new mobile contract regardless of whether you are a new  customer or an existing customer taking on board a new offer.

I appreciate you are disappointed with the way things have gone.  If you feel this is not applicable to yourself you can apply to Experian or Equifax for a copy of your credit file.  It's always worth  having a look at this every now and then to keep up to date and make sure everything is in order on there.

If there is anything else I can help you on then please let me know.

Regards

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
seamus1958
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have similar issues Karen but fortunately it has been reviewed and have an e mail saying I can now have the better phone.

For the benefit of others who find themselves in this situation, I have been subscribed to Equifax for a long while and know there are no issues, no defaults and no missed or late payments for the 6 years data has been recorded.

Virgin also have a redundant phone account showing as active on my file and there have been no searches recorded from Virgin for a credit check.
There was one search for verification purposes when I queried a Virgin account details last year (It had a different Date of Birth to mine)
All a look at Equifax will do is show that Virgin have applied their credit criteria unfairly and are misleading customers by claiming they have failed a check when in fact no search has taken place.
This will cost Virgin some of its customers.  I can guarantee that had I been denied an upgrade,my entire package would have been cancelled and I would have gone to SKY.
For every one of us that comes here to vent, how many are out there who are in a similar boat.
I would wager 20 to 1.

paull37
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What i find hard karen is the fact that im paying over £1000 a year to virgin an when my tv.broadband and phone are up for renewal that just gets renewed no matter what,so i find it hard to believe that a company that takes over a grand from me every year,aswell as my mobile on top of that,then turns round and tells me that i dont meet your credit check.......but your happy i pay over £100 a month for my other services and then £31 a month on my mobile its a bloody joke,it definatly isnt loyaty to its customers,customers who have stayed loyal to virgin for many years.

Im that angry about all this that ive decided to have a look at my options elsewere and im not just talking about my mobile but the whole package,because to me its as if virgin are just sticking there 2 fingers up to loyal customers reguardless.

Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi paull37,

Thanks for coming back to us. Totally appreciate your frustration here.

Id like to get this situation looked into for you.

I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope top left hand side) regarding this.

Speak soon.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
paull37
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Im glad someone is having a look at this for me.

0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

paull37 wrote:

Well today 10/6/15 was the day i could finally have an upgrade from my sony xperia z which i had from new with virgin,it has been a 2 yr monthly contract,so i thought i would go for a change and see about a iphone 6 or 5,to my disapointment i was credit checked even tho im renewing my contract and because i dont meet the score which virgin go with im refused the iphone.

Now ive been with virgin for many years,my tv,broadband and land line are all the top packages and have been for a few years so when i get credit checked for a mobile and then refused im truely disapointed considering the amount of money i pay to virgin throughout the year.

I understand you checking someone who is new to you but for someone who has been with you for years and paying atleast £100 a month just for the tv,broadband package,let alone the £32 a month for my mobile,it really does make me wonder why i should bother keeping the services.Im not one for moaning and normally im very happy with the service i get.

Paul.

I'd been with Virgin Media since Telewest and Birmingham Cable days, 20+ years, never missed a payment, yet still I got their nonsense about their credit check, though I told them, to check how long I've been with them and then just to cancel all my services, funny how within 2 mins I was able to have the mobile service.

Virgin really are a joke of a company at times.

0 Kudos
paull37
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I didnt wanna go down that route but i must admit if im not happy with the outcome i think it will be my only option and to have all my services cancelled,because i shouldnt see why i should pay them over a £1000 a year for everything else and then get turned down on a mobile,a mobile ive had for 2 years alone.
0 Kudos