Menu
PWitkowski
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Data roaming not working...

Ensured roaming was enabled, even called customer service a few days ago to get them to check and add a 50mb data roaming package.., landed in Ireland and got service with IRL METEOR
Though data fails, no internet, it's enabled in iOS 9 hard rebooted retried all mobile data setting available, but no mobile data anywhere (Dublin etc).
Works fine on wifi at hotels etc, so flying back tonight, pointless data roaming, please advise on refund of unused data pack.
I read someone had to change APN setting, but no option on iOS even resetting network setup didn't work.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data roaming not working...

Hi Pwitkowski,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've had some issues with data roaming while abroad. So we can get this sorted, give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 when you're home. The team will be able to get to the bottom of what happened as well as issuing you a refund.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pwitkowski,

How's the data roaming fault looking for you now?

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
PWitkowski
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi,

yes got a credit on the account for the unused data roaming pass.

Incidentally, the operator I spoke with advised that the 'data roaming' was not enabled on my account, only call/text roaming was enabled.

Yet when I called before travelling, the person I spoke with who checked everything and applied the data pass said it was all fine. Even asking to double/triple check everything knowing all the similar issues reported on the forums.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi PWitkowski,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry for any confusion caused on our part. I'm glad this was credited back to you.

Before you travel next time, please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll make sure this is enabled for you.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos