Menu
Leahazelwood270
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Contract

Can anyone please give some advice. Im due an upgrade I got green banner to do so I tried and turned down. I then rang virgin mobile they said give it 30 days for any previous credit checks to clear and try again. It has now been 38 days and iv turned down again. Im already in a contract with them and for the last 4 months I have paid well over my contract price. Any suggestions why this happening.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract

Hi Leahazelwood270,

The new agreements Virgin setup are called "freestyle" which are basically two separate agreements. One for the handset and the other for the airtime (mins, texts and data).

The handset agreement is an interest free loan or credit agreement that is taken out over the period. As the agreement is a loan agreement then a credit check would have to be ran in line with the FCA guidelines.

Unfortunately loyalty/history with Virgin isn't the consideration as its your external credit file that would decide if you could pass for a loan or not.

Perhaps try one of the free online credit reports on yourself & see if it flags up any issues.

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos
Leahazelwood270
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract

Thank you. Big help I didnt know that.
0 Kudos