Menu
kibbutzangel
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contract denied because address not showing on Virgin system?

We've been customers for TV, phone, broadband and one mobile for over 10 years.  When I tried to add another mobile so that I could port across another number the contract was denied.  This seems to be because my home address does not show up in the dropdown box, despite us being customers for years.  We had the same problem when we got the first Virgin mobile and were assured the system had been updated. Customer service said that I should just get the SIM only deal and apply for the phone in a few months and it should go through as there was no issue with the credit, just the address problem. Anyone else had difficulties because of the address system?  We live in a highrise block and the dropdown box had some flat numbers showing but not others...

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract denied because address not showing on Virgin system?

Re: taking on sim-only.
If your address does not show, how can you be offered the sim-only option. Sales talk which has failed in others getting a phone after a few months. lol

Also what's wrong with them taking your years of paying Virgin Media & Virgin Mobile as proof of good credit, instead of a few months with another new sim-only.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
kibbutzangel
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either.  When I tried for the Sim only I couldn't complete it either cos of the address problem.  I ended up closing the browser and baking a cake instead!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi kibbutzangel,

have you thought about popping into your local Virgin Media Store or just giving them a call.

In Store staff may be able to come up with a solution and can sometimes offer a better deal.

I.E. You say you want to bring your number across from another provider, they can offer half price for the first six months if you are prepared to commit to a 12 month SIM only rather than 30 day rolling.
(Not available on the £5 SIM deal).

If you think the likelyhood is that you're going to stay then that can be a very good saving Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos