Menu
countyexile
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Contract End

I am a little confused over contract end / renewal terms.

When I login it says I have a 24 months contract from 1 May 2014, which by my reckoning ends on 30 April 2016, but there are also messages on the page saying "You are now out of contract" and "You're due an upgrade". 

Does this mean I don't have to wait for the final 30 days before renewing / leaving and if I do one of these before 1 April there will be no extra charges?

Currently undecided whether to renew or to move to Tesco Mobile. My wife is with them and seems to get better signal coverage in the areas we frequent and also (unlike Virgin) there are no mid-contract price rises and (also unlike Virgin) she can opt for a "capped" contract so there are no sudden unexpected charges.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Contract End

I think they may send out the messages early, but if your contract finishes 30th April I would say anytime after the end of this month.

If you want to move to Tesco. Ring up and request a PAC code and give it to Tesco. Once the number transfers then your contract with Virgin will end. Believe me this is a lot easier that ringing up simply to cancel.

If you get one of the latest 4G smartphones at least you can use it on Tesco who have 4G, unlike Virgin

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Contract End

I think they may send out the messages early, but if your contract finishes 30th April I would say anytime after the end of this month.

If you want to move to Tesco. Ring up and request a PAC code and give it to Tesco. Once the number transfers then your contract with Virgin will end. Believe me this is a lot easier that ringing up simply to cancel.

If you get one of the latest 4G smartphones at least you can use it on Tesco who have 4G, unlike Virgin