Menu
Nickandgaz
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Changing to a micro sim

Hi there, my son has had a new phone and I've put his new micro sim into his phone and tried to text the number to change to it as suggested on the leaflet that came with the sim. Unfortunately this hasn't worked, have I missed something out? I texted the 'ready' to 789678.
Please help
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing to a micro sim

Hi Nickandgaz,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've had some trouble activating the new sim. It can take up to 24 hours to be enabled on our side.

How's this looking for you now?

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nickandgaz wrote:
Hi there, my son has had a new phone and I've put his new micro sim into his phone and tried to text the number to change to it as suggested on the leaflet that came with the sim. Unfortunately this hasn't worked, have I missed something out? I texted the 'ready' to 789678.
Please help

Hi, this might seem silly, but you have to use the old phone with the old sim to text 'ready' to VM, then they will port everything over to the new sim/phone.

If you use the new sim/phone to text 'ready' nothing will happen, as new sim not provisioned, and the text will not be sent.

Easy mistake to make... might be worth checking it out, and that you have done it the right way....

Hope this helps.. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
HelenW1306
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It took me over eight weeks of trying to change from a normal SIM to micro and in the end I gave up and took the new phone to vodafone and finally had it working in 20 minutes.  I only wanted to keep the same phone number but obviously that's too complicated for virgin!!!

0 Kudos