Menu
Moogie1947
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cannot get network connection on Samsung phone

I bought a Samsung smart phone from EE  but didn't like the service so got the phone unlocked and have now transferred back to Virgin. I can make and receive calls OK but cannot seem to get any network connection on the phone. I found the MMS and internet connection info and signed up but it made no difference.   Received the info and installed that.

I have it set it up for mobile data and have a suitable contract with data and minutes.

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Moogie1947
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot get network connection on Samsung phone

OK  so the probelm was that access to the internet had been switched off at the Virgin end as I had a problem with an  old pre-smart phone which didn't disconnect from websites correctly and cost me  small fortune in daily charges over several months.

I had asked for access to be reinstated when I got my new chip for the current phone but obviously it wasn't.

The help desk similarly missed the problem although I explained it, however the tech support guy was able to spot it immediately. 

A big thank you to tech support.

Why could I not see this on my account and change it myself?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Moogie1947,

I'm glad to see this is all sorted for you Smiley Happy

Well done to the team for getting this fixed. Are you able to manage the setting in your Online account by going to Plans and Devices > Manage services?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Moogie1947
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mat

Using the settings in accounts as you suggested, was always possible, but the internet settings the techie found  were buried deeper in Virgin's system.

Some years ago before smart phones, the old system sometimes left a connection open and I was charged for internet use even when the old phone was switched off for months.  I did get some compensation in free minutes. So I asked for the internet facility be switched off.

regards

Moogie1947

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Moogie1947,

Thanks for clearing that up for me Smiley Happy 

I'm here if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos