Menu
Pitcher
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling order and contract

I am finding it impossible to get through to anyone who can help.  I have received numerous contradictory emails about a phone order.  Phone didn't arrive so cancelled then phone arrived.  I don't want it.  Contract is still set up to take direct debits why?  Am going insane trying to sort it out.  I wrote a 3 page letter of complaint last week detailing everything in order which hasn't even been acknowledged.  I have never had such appalling customer service in my life.  People on the phone didn't even know where my County was.  How do I get a sensible confirmation everything has been cancelled and to get the phone returned? The parcel hasn't even been opened.

0 Kudos
Pitcher
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling order and contract

Trying again on the phone 20 minutes and getting absolutely nowhere.  Passed from person to person who ask the same questions over and over why is it so difficult to communicate a simple request to you?  I am desperate to get this resolved before you start taking money for a contract that shouldn't even exist.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pitcher,

I'm sorry that you've had difficulties getting through to us and have decided to return your order. The contract will not be cancelled until your handset is returned. 

In order to return the handset, you will need to contact us direct by calling 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) and take the option to leave us as the return will need to be processed via our Customer Relations team.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Pitcher
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the late reply. 

I have tried over and over to speak to someone who can deal with the problem and am not telephoning again for the sake of my sanity. 

I have tried to log into and view my contract but have been unable to do so, so am assuming it has been cancelled?? 

I was promised something would be sent for me to return the phone over a week ago but nothing has arrived.  The phone has been sitting on the floor in the hall unopened for over 10 days.  I do not want the phone.  I want to return it.  I want written confirmation my contract has been cancelled and no money will be taken.

I want a reply to the complaint letter I posted which painstakingly set out in chronological order every single thing that has happened on this case, first class, over 10 days ago and which, contrary to your policy, has not even been acknowledged within 48 hours let alone replied to. 

I expect compensation for this incredibly lacklustre service and for having to wait in all day for a phone, having been given the delivery date by you, which never arrived until the following day.  The catalogue of errors is incomprehensible and inexcusable for any company let alone one as big as yours. 

0 Kudos
Pitcher
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone actually going to help me with this or not??

I have now received an acknowledgement of my complaint saying an attempt will be made to telephone me in the first instance - why?? 

All I want is written, that's written as in a letter black and white, confirmation the contract has been cancelled and NO money will be taken.

During the final telephone conversation attempt to resolve this over 10 days ago I was assured a bag would be posted to me in order to return the phone. 

Nothing has arrived.

Could somebody actually take charge of this and help me??  Or is this not what this forum is for??

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think you have answered your question in the last sentence.

The forum is basically customers helping customers. Some patchy input from Virgin and that's it.

0 Kudos
Pitcher
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you enlli for confirming there is no help to be had here.  Professional help I mean I am grateful to you for replying.  Will give up now. 

0 Kudos