Menu
Dtbull
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can't access internet using my phone but OK over wifi

Suddenly this afternoon an exclamation mark appeared next to my phone signal which has stopped me accessing the internet when I'm away from wifi .when I'm at home and connected to WiFi the exclamation mark disappears. My phone is fine for calls and texts but not for internet ?? I know its not the phone signal as I have all bars and anyway my partner has same package and isn't having the issue. I have checked my account and have loads of data available ..any ideas please ?? Thanks
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't access internet using my phone but OK over wifi

Hi all

We had been experiencing some data issues in certain areas at the beginning of the week which have since been resolved.

If you're still experiencing any problems, let me know and I'll take a look on an individual basis.

Sorry again for any inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
katejo
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Your partner has the same Virgin package ? Have you still git the problem (as i have)
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

it may be an internet connection issue at Virgin, but reboot the phone and try again signal bars do not = internet signal

can't help with phone settings as I have no idea what make/model you have
0 Kudos
bigmac1948
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem yesterday and my wife was ok but on returning home phoned 789 who said straight away they could see the problem and asked me to rebeeo phone and it was sorted Might be an idea to give them a ring

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It sounds like someone had switched your internet off, Virgin then reset it and the reboot activated it - good news
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi all

We had been experiencing some data issues in certain areas at the beginning of the week which have since been resolved.

If you're still experiencing any problems, let me know and I'll take a look on an individual basis.

Sorry again for any inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dtbull
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks everyone who replied I think it must have been a network issue as the next day all was back to normal Smiley Happy