Menu
claire88
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Call divert

I have recently upgraded to Samsung Galaxy A3 and my voicemail appears to have been set up, however, I cannot divert calls on my phone to my voicemail.  I have tried the code to get the voicemail number but it just says Not Forwarded.  Everytime I try to use 222 as the call divert number I get an error code.  I've also tried numerous codes from other forum posts and checked that my voicemail is switched on on my account.

Please could you look into why I cannot divert calls to my voicemail?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call divert

Hi claire88,

Thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear your voicemail isn't working on your new Samsung Galaxy A3.

I'm not sure what you mean by you've tried to use 222 as the call divert number. Have you called 222? This is how you'd usually set up voicemail. You can also check the instructions here.

If you continue to have trouble please call our team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 600 789 from any other line.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
claire88
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes I've called 222 and set up my voicemail and pin number.  I've then gone to call divert in my call settings and tried to set up divert to the voicemail number, however, I just keep getting an error message "Unexpected response from network".  I called 789 and spoke to someone about 2 hours ago.  He refreshed things at his end and told me to turn my phone off for 15 minutes as the refresh was taking a while and to try the voicemail again when I switched back on.  I'm still getting the error message and I've tried to call my phone and it has not gone through to voicemail.  Is there anything else I can do to fix it as I desperately need my voicemail working?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi claire88,

Thanks for your replySmiley Happy

Your phone actually dials a specific mail box number when retrieving your voicemail. 

I've included a link here to our help page which has some instructions around this. 

Any further issues just let me know.

Speak soon.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
claire88
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
I've managed to get this working now by phoning 789 again and actually speaking to someone who knows what they're doing. The first person i spoke to told me they were refreshing things from their end but actually turned off my voicemail instead.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi claire88,

Glad to hear you've got your voicemail sorted.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused here.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos