Menu
billybadmood
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Barred Call Message - not a premium number

Barred call premium text 
My grandson has a new sim from EE starting 07398, it accepts calls from landlines and other providers.  When calling from any Virgin mobile a message says calls to this number are barred - it allows me to text the number but I am charged a premium rate of .15p.  
I have contacted the help desk who say they have passed this on to their technical department but other Virgin mobile users also need to contact them too????  Why is this happening - this is NOT a premium number. Apparently it will be sorted in a few days.  Is anyone else having the same issues?

Thanks  

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
CQ20
Up to speed
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Barred Call Message - not a premium number

There are quite a few posts about this problem.  07399 numbers are also affected.  I can confirm that O2, Tesco, Voda and, of course, EE are OK with these numbers.  It appears to be only Virgin who is barring them.  It is incredibly poor service and the "we'll fix it sometime during 2016 when we eventually get round to it" attitude beggars belief.  

All Replies
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi billybadmood

The number range 07398 is a new "range" that hasn't been yet "mapped" or added if you like to the Virgin Network.

I believe they are looking to add this very soon.

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
barb21
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have also  been having this problem since before Christmas I was told that EE have to inform Virgin of these new numbers so they can add them to their database but other networks do not have this problem phoning or texting numbers 0739 are not premium numbers they are mobile numbers what is going on Virgin why are you the only network with this problem 

0 Kudos
billybadmood
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply - I have been on the phone complaining to Virgin today - they say it is programmed in for early 2016  ???? - I find this unacceptable as you say all other networks have already mapped theses numbers prior to them being released.  I was also told that Virgin are waiting for EE!!   I find it difficult to accept that a company of this size cannot resolve this problem now.  We are paying for a service that is not being provided.  Worse still it took me three phone calls to Virgin and not one of their customer service advisors informed me about this.  They should be posting this on their website and apologise for the inconvenience this has caused its customers along with when this is going to be resolved.  

0 Kudos
johnnysparks
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Same here.07398 Premium text rate. Not good enough!! Will Virgin give us our money back from these texts??

Also noticed on my bill this month some of my numbers I have texted changed on my bill from the standed 077 to 4477 hence making this a premium text number? Whats this all about?

0 Kudos
billybadmood
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes they told me that the text costs of .15p each would be credited back to me - I suggest you contact them as you will not automatically receive a refund. Hope this helps
0 Kudos
CQ20
Up to speed
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There are quite a few posts about this problem.  07399 numbers are also affected.  I can confirm that O2, Tesco, Voda and, of course, EE are OK with these numbers.  It appears to be only Virgin who is barring them.  It is incredibly poor service and the "we'll fix it sometime during 2016 when we eventually get round to it" attitude beggars belief.  

billybadmood
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have contacted the other providers and all have upgraded their databases - it is only Virgin that has this problem.  I am going to contact Ofcom about this as I keep going round in circles - it is not acceptable that there is no resolution date, surely this does not form part of Virgins code of conduct.  All I want to know is when this is going to be resolved to enable me to make an informed decision about changing providers!!

Can someone from Virgin please respond to this!!!!

0 Kudos
biltonwilson
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

My son has an EE PAYG number starting 07398 and if I try to ring him I get "calls to this number are barred". If I text him I get charged 15p as a Premium Text. Had an online chat with Virgin Media and was promised a call within 5 days - this didn't happen. Had a further online chat and was told only the first person I chatted with could help and was promised a call the following day - this didn't happen.

SOME of the 15p charges have been refunded but they continue to accumulate.

It is important that I can ring my son who lives 80 miles away so currently having to reply on my wifes Vodafone iphone or for him to ring me.

What a pity Virgin cannot sort out this obviously common problem and also have the decency to come back to me as promised.

Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having some issues with this. I want to look into this on my side.

I'll let you know when I have more info.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos