Menu
Coughcake
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Anything I can do to speed up process?

Won't bore you all with the details, but basically i sent my iphone 5c back to virgin on Friday (initially phoned the fault in on Wednesday) and received a text on Monday saying I would be contacted within 2 working days. Called in this morning as I hadn't received any word, and was advised my phone was unfixable and I would be offered a new handset, however there are no models of my current phone in stock so I would need to be offered something else. I was advised someone would call me today to discuss (have to say trying to get through to the right adviser is a nightmare- was cut off 3 times last week reporting the fault then re-routed back to the main menu 4 times this morning when they were trying to put me through to technical).

I called in to them again this evening as I've had no communication from them, and was told I would receive contact within 24- 48 hours, so I'm going to continue to be without a phone (which developed a hardware fault completely out of the blue and still under warranty) for probably another week. 

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I can only presume they have so many problems they need to deal with that mine isn't a priority. I won't be renewing mine or my son's mobile contract with virgin and I'm considering cancelling our tv internet and phone package too. Anyone got any tips about speeding this process up? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anything I can do to speed up process?

Hi Coughcake,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your experiencing issues getting your phone replacement sorted.

Your quickest option is going to be calling 789 to chase this.

I will send you some details privately so I can get this looked into for you if you wish.

Speak soon.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Coughcake
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anything I can do to speed up process?

Thanks Stephen I appreciate you posting a reply- unfortunately I have tried calling 789 several times about this without any success. I am quite disappointed in the very poor service- I got a call this evening from Virgin and thought it was about this issue but it was someone asking me if I wanted to upgrade my second mobile (which my son uses). Needless to say I declined the upgrade! I won't be upgrading any other contracts with Virgin and at the moment I am considering moving all of my services to Sky. I would have completed the form you supplied, but when it said it would take a few days for you to reply I wasn't inspired. I've already been without my phone for over a week and I'm just disgusted.

Thanks anyway

0 Kudos