Menu
M3RK
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Activate phone abroad

I had my phone activated for use abroad last year but it's not working again this year. I was told I wouldn't have to go through this again... Grrrr
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Activate phone abroad

M3RK wrote:
I had my phone activated for use abroad last year but it's not working again this year. I was told I wouldn't have to go through this again... Grrrr

Sounds annoying, but there have been a lot of system changes on Virgin Mobile's end between that time.

If you've registered an account with Virgin Mobile, login to it here https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login and then: Plan and Devices -> Manage Services. There should be a Roaming option in there. Does it say it is on? Or off? If it is off, turn it on. Leave the page and then go back in to the roaming option, does it still say it is on? If not, you may have to do that 'turn it on, leave page, return to page, turn it on' multiple times until it sticks or states that there may be an up to 24 hour wait for the change to come into effect.

Or use a landline/call booth in the place you're staying at to call the UK support line to get it sorted: +447953967967

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

M3RK wrote:

Sounds annoying, but there have been a lot of system changes on Virgin Mobile's end between that time.

If you've registered an account with Virgin Mobile, login to it here https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login and then: Plan and Devices -> Manage Services. There should be a Roaming option in there. Does it say it is on? Or off? If it is off, turn it on. Leave the page and then go back in to the roaming option, does it still say it is on? If not, you may have to do that 'turn it on, leave page, return to page, turn it on' multiple times until it sticks or states that there may be an up to 24 hour wait for the change to come into effect.

Or use a landline/call booth in the place you're staying at to call the UK support line to get it sorted: +447953967967

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
M3RK
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

That's the first time I've used the forum but I'll do so again. Thanks for the excellent info...it worked 😀
0 Kudos