Menu
deeboi
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

APN's for Virgin Mobile Data and MMS

Hi I'm wondering if someone can post the APN for a Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000

I've tried to use the settings tool to send the settings to the phone but my phone isn't listed, the closest to mine is a Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-i9001 which I done yesterday but still no text as of yet.

I've been googling and manually entering in Virgin and Tmobile  APN's since yesterday but none seem to work for me so wondering if someone with the same phone can post their APN's

P.S. the sim is a virgin pay monthly sim and the phone makes calls,texts,wifi fine, just no 3g

Also the phone is flashed with a custom ROM (cyanogenmod 10.2 stable) but the APN is set up for EE so I'm thinking the APN is the problem here.

All my research on forums seem to point to  the APN not being correctly set as no-one else seems to get this problem using cyanogenmod.

I re-flashed the phone back to a stock rom and everything works just as it should again 3g works fine, I copied the virgin APN from the stock rom and tried that in cyanogen but it still didn't work.

I also realize this is maybe a rom issue but it is happening on all custom roms I try so If I try a working APN and it still doesn't work then at least I've ruled out an APN issue and I can look elsewhere for answers.

Hope that made sense, lol

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rita-B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: APN's for Virgin Mobile Data and MMS

Hi deeboi,

Thank you for yor post Smiley Happy

Here are the APN settings to your phone, which will get your picture messages and mobile internet working.

Name — Virgin Media Mobile Internet
APN — goto.virginmobile.uk
Proxy — Not Set
Port — Not Set
Username — user
Password — Not Set
Server — Not Set

MMS proxy — 193.030.166.002
MMS port — 8080
MCC — 234
MNC — 30
Authentication type — PAP
APN type — internet + mms
Press the Menu key.
Touch Save.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Kind Regards

Rita B
Help & Support Forum Team

0 Kudos
deeboi
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for posting these Rita-B, It's one of the ones I've tried but I tried again but still no data transfer.

The 3G notification appears as usual but no data transfer at all. No web pages work

Just one more quick question, when entering the APN type should I be presented with options and a radio button? (just like you get when you go to Authentication Type)

When I enter the APN type I'm presented with my keyboard and I have to type in the APN type manually.

Maybe I have to enter it in differently? I've tried using internet + mms also tried leaving it blank, using a comma between each option, using default also using default,supl I also read if there is no option use a *

I have Data enabled also Data Roaming and National Data roaming all ticked.

My phone always seems to be on Orange just now, do I need an Orange APN as well as the Virgin one?

0 Kudos
deeboi
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I got it working now, the problem seemed to be the way the APN type was entered.

As I had to enter it manually with my keyboard I had to enter default,supl,mms as the APN type and my 3g works now, not tried MMS yet but it should also work.

Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi deeboi,

Glad to hear it's all working for you Smiley Happy

Kind Regards,

Rita B

0 Kudos
poooooo
Joining in
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I'm having these exact same problem here and have followed these instructions to no avail. All my settings are the same as far as I can see, any idea what I can try?

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi poooooo,

Sorry to hear your MMS is not working for you. From here please call our technical team on 789 (any Virgin Mobile Phone) or 150 (Virgin Land line) or 0845 6000 789 (from any other Landline) open between 8am-8pm Mon-Sun so we can look in to this further for you.

Rita B

0 Kudos
dbagonyi
Joining in
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Make sure you are using goto.virginmobile.uk and NOT goto.virginmobile.co.uk. It took me a couple of days to realize this.

0 Kudos
tugwilson
Settling in
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rita-B, thanks for your info on APN settings!!! (Bloody Brilliant!!!!!) I upgraded from a Blackberry to a Yarvik Horizon 5.0" (great phone: check "em out guys) which both ran on the edge system, which I gave to my partner & I was able to get data connection with no problems.

I upgraded & bought the new Yarvik Ingenia X1 5.3" Android 3G (great phone) but couldn't get a data connection for love nor money & also system was running on T-Mobile???? (why? I have a virgin sim???)  I tried all sorts by googling & searching t'internet etc & nothing worked until I checked out the forum & BANG!!!!!!!!!! sorted within less than 5 minutes!!!!!! Marvellous!!!!

Thanks!!!! I'm Chuffed T'bits!!!  A right Happy Bunny!!!!!! Thanks Again Rita. Dave x :-)

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Not a problem at all Smiley Happy

Glad the settings has helped, if you have any queries, pop us a post any time, we are always here to help Smiley Happy

Rita B

0 Kudos