Menu
JitteryPinger
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

4G: VoLTE

Is/Will their be the same VoLTE support for Virign Mobile 4G customers as their is for EE customers...

I've been with EE for nearly 2 years now, I think their network is great, I use an iPhone 7 currently though started out with a 5S (then 6)...

I thought EE's network was so great I got a sim with Virgin for my mother and some other members of my family followed suit and moved over too...

Where my mother lives in South Birmingham the signal for EE is very patchy across all bands (2G,3G and 4G)... currently she don't have a 4G enabled device (Moto G) but xmas is coming up and she may get a new device.

I've been seeing that EE are planning to start broadcast a 2x5mhz signal on the 800mhz spectrum to reach those area's like my moms lacking in signal and that VoLTE will be available on this band also...

I assume Virgin will get access too the 800Mhz spectrum of EE's automatically, but is their any VoLTE support yet?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 4G: VoLTE

Kelly_M wrote:

Hi JitteryPinger,

I can confirm that we don’t currently support VoLTE at this moment in time on the Virgin Mobile network, However as a network this doesn’t mean that we will never have it.

You can however use certain apps to video call or voice call via the mobile data or Wi-Fi, Apps like Skype or Facebook messenger and WhatsApp which you can also use to send videos and photo’s without eating into your data on the 4G packages.

just click on the red writing to find out more information about the data that is included on the WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger offer.

I hope this helps

Take care,

Kelly

Which, of course, is totally useless if you want to contact someone who is on a landline or does not have those apps available. Viber Out will let you do that but it is an extra charge rather than using your inclusive minutes. 

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No VOLTE on Virgin or it's close relative Voice over Wifi - which I think is already available on EE with suitable handsets

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There's not really much reason to stay/switch to Virgin's mobile service then Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi JitteryPinger,

I can confirm that we don’t currently support VoLTE at this moment in time on the Virgin Mobile network, However as a network this doesn’t mean that we will never have it.

You can however use certain apps to video call or voice call via the mobile data or Wi-Fi, Apps like Skype or Facebook messenger and WhatsApp which you can also use to send videos and photo’s without eating into your data on the 4G packages.

just click on the red writing to find out more information about the data that is included on the WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger offer.

I hope this helps

Take care,

Kelly

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Kelly_M wrote:

Hi JitteryPinger,

I hope this helps

Take care,

Kelly

Which, of course, is totally useless if you want to contact someone who is on a landline or does not have those apps available. Viber Out will let you do that but it is an extra charge rather than using your inclusive minutes. 

JitteryPinger
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As @enlli said below, totally useless... I'm sure I can Skype virgin customer service.... oh no I can't Smiley Sad
0 Kudos