Menu
newbie3
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

30 Day Contract for non VM customers?

Hello all,

I'm looking to switch to Virgin mobile from my current provider because I'm hoping to get better mobile phone coverage but I'd like to test if this is the case before committing to a 12 month or 24 month contract.

I'd like to take out a one month sim only contract and try the sim card in my existing handset to see what coverage is like.

When I add the sim I want to my basket it states (under 'General Mobile'):

"Pay Monthly SIM Only: 30-day minimum contract applies to Virgin Media cable & National customers, 12 month minimum contract for Non-Virgin Media customers."

This was disappointing!

I called Virgin Media and spoke to someone at Sales who said that I *could* have a 30 day contract and would not be required to have a 12 month contract.  I asked if the info on the website was incorrect and he said it wasn't incorrect it was 'not updated' and offered to set this up for me.

I declined as I'd like to get it confirmed in writing by Virgin that I can cancel the contract at the end of the 30 day period if I want to, and not be signed up for a 12 month contract.

Wondered if anyone from Virgin could confirm either way?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: 30 Day Contract for non VM customers?

Wouldn't a "pay as you go" SIM give you the same information for much less money and zero commitment?

0 Kudos
newbie3
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'd like to try and use the phone for a month as I use my current one (so same handset and volume of calls/texts/messages/data etc.)

0 Kudos
newbie3
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry!  Forgot to add: and I think that will be more expensive on pay as you go. : )

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You get a 14 day cooling off period for exactly the circumstances you describe. If you need a month, pay as you go is the only option.

I didn't know that a rolling SIM is only available to broadband customers - it certainly doesn't appear to be the case from the store page.

0 Kudos
newbie3
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It does appear from the store page that it's available to all customers and even when you add it to your basket it's not clear straight away.

It's only when you scroll down and click on the arrow next to 'General Mobile' and look at the small text.

See screen shots below:

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

All Pay Monthly SIMO contracts are 30 days for everyone.

I have passed this onto a colleague to look at getting the basket terms changed, thanks for noticing the error.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Not sure which store page your looking at, on this one for sim-onlys
http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim.html
It says in T&C at bottom "Pay Monthly SIM Only: 30-day minimum contract applies" and says the same if you are a Virgin customer or not.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

teabag wrote:
It says in T&C at bottom "Pay Monthly SIM Only: 30-day minimum contract applies" and says the same if you are a Virgin customer or not.

It's once you add the order to the basket - the terms are different in error. As above it's going to be fixed.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr wrote:

teabag wrote:

It's once you add the order to the basket - the terms are different in error. As above it's going to be fixed.

Cheers Ben

Story off my life, nearly got there, but not quite. lol

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos