Menu
Annoide
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0345 numbers barred

0345 numbers barred from our mobiles both ways, when they ring us, goes straight to voicemail. Why???

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 0345 numbers barred

Hi Annoide,

strange... 0345 numbers are charged at standard rate and if you have an airtime bundle they will be inclusive in your minutes.

When you say "when they ring us" are you referring to a particular contact? Is it possible that you might have "blocked" this number?
I've got a call blocker on my phone (excellent for dealing with PPI's & alleged accident claims) but it is quite easy to accidentally block a number.

What happens when you dial out to an 0345 number? (eg Virgin customer services - 0345 6000 789)

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
jenpetrie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am trying to dial a golf club support line which is an 0345 number, but as soon as I dial, I get a message 'calls to this number are barred'.  How can I sort this problem?  I need to be able to use it from my mobile.

Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenpetrie,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with calling that number. This may be listed as a premium number. Are you able to disable premium call barring in your online account here?

You can find this under Plans and Devices. Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
jenpetrie
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have just tried that, but still get message 'calls to this number are barred'.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jenpetrie,

is it just your golf club support line on 0345 that you can't dial or is it all 0345 numbers?

e.g can you call Virgin Mobile customer services: 0345 6000 789

Have you tried asking or Googling your golf club for an alternative number (there usually is one even though they may be reluctant to give it out).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
jenpetrie
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can get through to the customer services number ok so it seems to be a problem with the support line.  They used to have a landline number but were discontinuing it in favour of the 0345 one. They told me to check with my provider to allow 0345 numbers but as I can get through to other 0345 numbers, the problem must be with their number.

0 Kudos