Menu
scottsawers
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

00100202501 Pic Message USA

I've also had this appear on my statement 10 times (£4.00) this month. I DO NOT text or send pics to USA!!!! Would appreciate your help and advice please.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 00100202501 Pic Message USA

Hi all,

Thanks for posting about this.

We've had this confirmed on our side that this the picture messages are not being sent to the USA. The billing system is using the message for when you send MMS messages to an email address.

The mobile number that is entered is an error on our side that we're working hard to fix.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
spell
Well-informed
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

If you put the phone number in the search engine top right you will get another thread where people are having this same problem.

On 2.1.15  there is a post from Mat H where he has undertaken to investigate the matter with a colleague and an outcome is currently awaited. It is a bit concerning however that since this undertaking he gave a response to another person over the matter to ring the problem in without any mention of his ongoing investigation.

The most annoying bit is VM customer services agent insisting that picture messages have been sent, to the very person who knows full well that they have not. It looks like something to do with installed apps then it gets far too technical for me.

Good luck

scottsawers
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Cheers mate. Appreciated.
0 Kudos
Fawkey01
Joining in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I had this appear twice on my November/December statement.  Both messages marked as "Picture Message to USA 001 00202501" and both sent in the same minute.

I do not send picture messages to anyone, and I have not sent any texts to anyone in the US.  This number also appears to be out of service.

I have sent to two complaints to Virgin Media, on 22 December and 13 December.  I have had the "message received email" for both complaints, but no response from Virgin.

So far as I can see, I have also not downloaded any Apps and cannot see anything on my phone that indicates an App has access to it.

I suspect that the SIM card has been hacked (never had this problem before moving to Virgin) or it is an error in their billing system.

We will have to wait and see if they respond to any of my complaint messages.  You do not appear to be able to use Livechat as their operators are always too busy........

Pretty appalling really.

0 Kudos
scottsawers
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Couldn't have put it better myself. Not heard a thing from them!! Managed to get onto the 'Chat' bit and they just dismissed me, telling me to contact Virgin Mobile dept!!! In the meantime I'm down £4 and dread next months bill!!! Will keep you informed, mate.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi all,

Thanks for posting about this.

We've had this confirmed on our side that this the picture messages are not being sent to the USA. The billing system is using the message for when you send MMS messages to an email address.

The mobile number that is entered is an error on our side that we're working hard to fix.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
scottsawers
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Mat. I'll keep an eye out for my next bill to check.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all Scott Smiley Happy

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
SN0WMAN
Just joined
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I too have had this issue, same message, same number on the following days:

December 3rd 10:24
January 3rd 13:39

Same 40p charge, and I'm using an Apple iPhone 4S on iOS 8.1.2
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi SN0WMAN,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

We've established the cause of this issue. There's an IT issue on our side that is displaying MMS messages to an email address that is instead displaying as an MMS to the USA.

Our IT team are working to fix the issues, but the charge is correct.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos