Menu
Kossoff
On our wavelength
Message 111 of 118
Flag for a moderator

Re: why is TIVO box deleting programs on-mass

I think for me which was unforgivable is even the silly way it did it - delete episode three of a hole series you have not watched even , i'm in the same set of deletions - It would then take episode one from another set of series you were saving , mate delete 10 programs - but wrecked 50 .

Turn off suggestions problem gone away completely
0 Kudos
Kossoff
On our wavelength
Message 112 of 118
Flag for a moderator

It's repeated because I'm trying to reach as many people and to reinforce the message as much as I possibly can because despite being messed about with all this nonsense , wasting time , The one thing for me which actually stopped the problem happening was turning off suggestions .

It used to make me so angry when people were telling you to keep the box below 80% below 90% , why have a 1 TB box - if you can't use 200 GB of it , but even that was nonsense because sometimes it deleted programs on Mass well below the 80% capacity -

The newly converted , The existing disciple - that decides to spread the message Praps becomes over exuberant , but it is not to benefit the giver of the news ,if even the message given repeatedly, it is the recipient The benefits hopefully will arrive at .
0 Kudos
Kossoff
On our wavelength
Message 113 of 118
Flag for a moderator

I don't know if there is a subtle difference in what you are saying and what I did - I stopped suggestions full stop I believe - you seem to imply you can still have suggestions but not recording them ????

For me personally it was No great loss hardly any other suggestions were the sort of thing to attract myself anyway .

I seem to recall I simply turned off suggestions .
0 Kudos
gcfalco
Joining in
Message 114 of 118
Flag for a moderator

I don't want to pour water on any suggestions that might have helped others but when I looked at Suggestions - I'd already turned it off.

And the box was/is still deleting by itself so back to square one. I do think this is one Virgin ought to sort - gone on far too long.

VIRGIN MODERATOR - we know you're out there - any suggestions from you?

0 Kudos
Kossoff
On our wavelength
Message 115 of 118
Flag for a moderator

I don't know what the moderator meant about not recording suggestions
Make sure suggestions is turned off fully I would probably do a reset after that as well - I tried everything that you read about doing nothing worked until I got rid of suggestions completely .
0 Kudos
Kossoff
On our wavelength
Message 116 of 118
Flag for a moderator

I tried doing everything you read about , I don't know what the chap meant about not recording suggestions turning that off - just term suggestions off fully , and even if you have I would try turning it on and off again and then doing a reset with it off .

Can virgin do an analysis of my box of the settings - and transfer them to your box ?
0 Kudos
alexwhi
Joining in
Message 117 of 118
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem. I've only had the box a week, it's only 30% full, and it's already getting set to delete things that were only recorded 3 days ago. It's absurd.

0 Kudos
Olly
Fibre optic
Message 118 of 118
Flag for a moderator

alexwhi wrote:

I have the same problem. I've only had the box a week, it's only 30% full, and it's already getting set to delete things that were only recorded 3 days ago. It's absurd.

That's not the same thing as bulk loads of programmes going overnight and not even appearing in the Deleted programmes folder.

You just need to change your series link or recording settings to keep until I delete. It won't delete ones it does have a timer against either unless the box is almost full and it needs room for other recordings yet to be made.

0 Kudos