Menu
greenjon
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

tivo remote control not working and tivo very slow and bufferring

Remote control not working - have changed batteries and they are installed correctly.

Tivo box doesnt seem to be working correctly either - very slow to select options and bufferring. Also movies on demand not available 

Broadband speed poor too - are they all related ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo remote control not working and tivo very slow and bufferring

Hi greenjon,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having TiVo® trouble.

I've had a peek at your account and can see you spoken to our team. Are you still getting any issues with your TiVo® or broadband?

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have to say that regularly my tivo box is either very slow, or fails to respond. I thin the system is out of date.....I have two boxes and have run them for two years and find them very slow, I have full Sky packages paying 120 a month and feel that the service underperforms....I see that new boxes are on the way which is may solve the problem.

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I reported this two weeks ago, now sitting 10 minutes on the helpline waiting for support to pick up the phone
I pay 120 pounds per month
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi machineghost, 

Apologies for the time it's taken for us to reach your post. We've been a little behind lately and are playing catch up. 

As the TiVo® is running slow, it's worth giving it a reboot to see if this helps. Also, go through your recorded content and remove anything that you no longer want on there. Has this made any difference? 

Come back and let us know how things have been since you've posted Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath

In the end it is all working again. I think what was most disturbing was when the update (with a very low resolution type of emergency message) said update is happening don't turn off. Most people with awareness of firmware updates know that there are dangers with turning off computers in the middle of an update.

However the online help people simply told me to ignore this and turn it off and then it was fine. So I guess it wasn't a firmware update, but the message then was incorrect.

I guess more generally then, the update was not working properly, the current Tivo box in my opinion seem to be past their usability date. My current perceptions are that there may be some better stability following the update (that is it doesnt freeze for as long a period) SO this is good. But I still feel that the responsivity of the box to the remote is poor. People behave on the basis of temporal contiguity, you wait of 1 second and if nothing happens you start clicking other buttons. In general this produces a poor experience.

I think updated hardware is in order.....

I was away for much of the summer and made some use of Virgin Anytime....this has its own usability problems, which I might talk about on the other thread...

thanks again

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ps I have now tried the thumb clearing option and this has sped up performance, so all in working order!

To do this, use your TiVo remote and go to:

Help and Settings
Clear or reset TiVo box
Clear Thumb Ratings and Suggestions
Enter your pin press thumbs down 3 times
then press LastCh.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi machineghost,

Glad to hear that's working for you!

Give us a shout if you need anything else.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos