Menu
chilly60
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

sound out of sync with picture

Hi,

Over the last couple of days I have noticed that the sound is really out of sync with the picture.

it is really noticeable and makes viewing almost impossible.

I have noticed that other people have had this problem in the past and have had to have engineers out to resolve this.

Is this still the case or is there an easy fix?

Lee

0 Kudos
chilly60
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: sound out of sync with picture

Anybody?

Lee

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there chilly60, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are have sound issues at the moment, and would like to help you out. 

I've run some testing and can see a few issues with the power levels coming into the property which may explain the issue. I'd like top arrange for someone to call out and investigate further for you. 

I've sent you a private message in order to set the wheels in motion with this. Please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
mugshot
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We have been having a similar problem the last couple of weeks.

BBC 1 at around 1:00 pm is fine, but ITV at around 6:45 is out of sync. Seems to be both 103 and 113.

Is it just us?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi mugshot,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. Sorry that you're having an issue with the audio on your TiVo® being out of sync. It is odd that it's only happening on BBC 1 and ITV. Is this still on-going? I'd like to see if I can get this back in-sync, as we don't want you to say "bye bye bye"!Smiley Happy

I've been able to get your details from your Forum account and run testing to your TiVo®. The good news is that all the signals/power levels all look good. The frustrating news is that because the tests show no fault with the TiVo®, I can't see what's causing the audio sync issue, and I've checked for any area fault that may have been causing this, but there's no fault reported for this in your area, nor was there one reported last week.

I've sent a refresh signal to your TiVo®. Could you reboot your TiVo® and check the sound on BBC 1 and ITV. Please let me know how you get on with this. 

Apologies again for the audio issue (and my terrible 'N Sync joke). I look forward to hearing back from you.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi mugshot,

Just checking back with you to see how your TiVo® service is going.

Please let me know if I can help any further.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
mugshot
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for looking into it for us.

I've just checked ITV, and it is fine, it seems ITV is fine at lunch time (I checked both 113 and 103).

Yesterday ITV was out of sync at 6:45 pm though.

I will check the other channels at that time tonight and let you know whether the problem is just affecting ITV or other channels too.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me, Mugshot. Let me know how it goes. If this is still ongoing, I'll get the investigation on this going.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
mugshot
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes it's still happening. ITV was out of sync again yesterday at 6:45 pm. I checked it this morning and it was ok.

So the problem seems to be with ITV rather than all channels, and in the evening rather than all the time.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi mugshot,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm sorry that this is still happening. It's very odd that it happens at the same time in the evening and only on ITV. Are you on the standard definition channel or the high definition channel? If you are using HD, could you test the SD channel (and vice versa if it's the other way around)? 

I have run more intensive tests and I'm still not seeing any issues with your equipment or in your area that would cause this to occur on just the one channel.

I've had a word with our Faults Department and we are going to need for you to call in when the fault is happening, so we can re-run the tests and do further checks with you to see if we can stop this from happening. 

Give us a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other line. Please choose Option 2, then Option 2 again. 

0 Kudos