Menu
ellisdc
Joining in
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

netflx 25% buffering

Hi all
I have seen a few posts about this issue but no answers. I am watching Netflix and every 15-20 minutes it pauses and buffers. This stops at 25% and I have to turn Netflix off. Looking back at the forum this has been an ongoing issue since early 2014. Is there anything being done to fix this?

Thanks
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: netflx 25% buffering

Hi ellisdc,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thank you for your post. I'm sorry that you have experienced a problem viewing Netflix. I can certainly appreciate how frustrating it is when the show you're watching buffers to such an extent where you can't finish viewing it. 

I have accessed your account information from your Forum details and have run tests to your equipment. I'm not seeing any issues--everything is spot on with the levels and there are no errors. 

Are you getting the buffing when viewing Netflix on a TiVo® box, or via a different method (console, computer, tablet, etc...)?  Just drop me a line, letting me know, so I can look further into this for you.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
stuarttclarke
Joining in
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri / team,

I am facing the exact same issue as described above by ellisdc when watching via the TiVo box. I spent time on the phone yesterday with both Virgin and Netflix support teams who assured me that there are no faults with either service but clearly something is going wrong.

Your help much appreciated!
0 Kudos
ellisdc
Joining in
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for looking into it for me. Its only on the tivo box that's this happens it is fine on every other console

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi ellisdc, 

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know it's only on the TiVo® you are getting this. 

I've had a look into this further and have found there is an open fault for this which we are currently investigating. I have sent you a private message about this. Just click on the little red envelope at the top left hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi stuartclarke,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you too are having this issue. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this too.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Denise, 

We're working with Netflix however I can't give any timescales on how long it's going to take i'm afraid. 

There are other faults and bugs set at a higher priority as this can be fixed with a work around. 

We can delay the box swap to give you a chance to catch up on your recordings if you want? 

If you'd rather just get it done out of the way then can reply to me with a few slots you'll be available. 

Our engineers are available in the following timeslots: Monday to Friday - 8am-12noon, 12noon-4pm and 4pm-7pm; Saturday 8am-12noon and 12-4.

Thanks

Kath

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Fishhead
Settling in
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hello forum

This is the first time I have posted.

Yes exactly the same thing 25% then nothing on Netflix via TiVo box.

It is obvious Virgin Media have a problem.

I have contacted Virgin Media and Netflix on more than one occasion with no results.

How can a company like Virgin Media offer a service which we as customers pay for monthly,

KNOW of an extensive problem affecting 100? of customers with no end in sight of solving it,

not give us a honest satisfactory answer to this situation?

Is there anything we can do so we can watch Netflix?

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Try contacting Netflix!!

If you look around users of the PS3 and BT-TV report the same issue

You pay Netflix for the Netflix service -not VM

EDIT: I just noticed in the other thread the issue is reported on Smart-TV's and PS4 too

Fishhead wrote:

Hello forum

This is the first time I have posted.

Yes exactly the same thing 25% then nothing on Netflix via TiVo box.

It is obvious Virgin Media have a problem.

I have contacted Virgin Media and Netflix on more than one occasion with no results.

How can a company like Virgin Media offer a service which we as customers pay for monthly,

KNOW of an extensive problem affecting 100? of customers with no end in sight of solving it,

not give us a honest satisfactory answer to this situation?

Is there anything we can do so we can watch Netflix?

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
Magssm
Tuning in
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Has this been resolved yet. I pay monthly for Netflix and these last two weeks Netflix keeps stopping then buffering and only gets to 25% then kicks me out and says there are connection problems. I have ran the tests and there are no problems. I too am viewing through Tivo. My daughter can watch on ger iPhone but I want to watch on tv. I am going to have to cancel my subscription if this carries on I refuse to pay for something I cant watch. Please help