Menu
casper85
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

box got wet and has died

Hi. Our Virgin TiVo box had some liquid spilt on it 2 days ago. It has been in airing cupboard to dry out since, but it just won't power up. No lights on the front. Our broadband has not been working since the incident also, the solid blue tick is not lite up and the data traffic light is flashing amber. Is this fault connected with the dead TiVo box?? I.e. has some water got into the Virgin cable?? Would like to know if it's possible to have a new TiVo box sent out to me??

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: box got wet & has died

Hi Casper85, 

Welcome to the Community and cheers for the post about your TiVo, accidents happen from time to time and we're here to help Smiley Happy

I would help out here and after doing some tests on both of the services, your broadband and TV services aren't working as they should be. 

I would like to send out an engineer to help with the situation, I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Best ring in and say what happened. Your BB fault may be connected although hard to say. Have you tried rebooting the hub?

if VM deem you to be responsible for the damage to the box there will be a charge to replace it. I believe it is possible for them to send one to you. 

0 Kudos
casper85
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. When you mention a charge, I don't suppose you know roughly how much? It's not mentioned in the t&c's as to the amount.
0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On my old V+box, my youngest stepped on the edge of the box when we were redecorating and completely snapped off the cable inlet socket making the box totally useless.

Virgin came out within two days and replaced it free of charge taking the right attitude that "the box was old and these things happen" - I lost my recordings, but at least I had a replacement box, and for free.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Casper85, 

Welcome to the Community and cheers for the post about your TiVo, accidents happen from time to time and we're here to help Smiley Happy

I would help out here and after doing some tests on both of the services, your broadband and TV services aren't working as they should be. 

I would like to send out an engineer to help with the situation, I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos