Menu
alan49
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

bbc iplayer buffering

i have the same problem with my tivo iplayer buffering unable to watch.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: bbc iplayer buffering

Hi alan49

Sorry again for the problems you're experiencing with our service, I wanted to let you know that I've replied to your other thread [here] so that we can keep everything in one place Man Happy

Look forward to hearing from you and helping to eliminate these issues.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Bevmoore
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes ours too - it's disgraceful - we rarely get to watch anything on catch up - it's impossible to watch a complete programme without continuous buffering. Very poor service for something that costs so much money to rent!! Definitely would not recommend it
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bevmoore,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I sincerely apologise for the buffering you've been experiencing on our Catch Up service.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests. I'm seeing multiple signal levels out of range on the TiVo® box. This is the cause of your problem and definitely needs an engineer to resolve.

I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to get this resolved for you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
alan49
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i have got an engineer coming to check mine, it was all done on this forum.

0 Kudos
MrB2015
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I-Player Buffering issue - looks like this affects many Virgin customers.

We also have constant buffering both on BBC I-player and some streamed films.

This makes using the I-player a real pain - some programmes become completely unwatchable.

Customers should not need to waste so much time raising complaints about a service that should run smoothly.

Suggestion: Instead of asking users to go through the lengthy procedure of signing up for the community forum (memorising yet ANOTHER password and username etc.), couldn't virgin add a 'press red now' option through the set top box?

We'd really appreciate it if this could be looked into asap.

nb. I have just completed the 'Survey Monkey' survey.

0 Kudos