Menu
thedalbyfamily
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why do need to subscribe to ITV Player and such?

Why am I having to subscribe to the ITV Player and other services on my TiVo box? I can watch ITV Player for free elsewhere. I am also missing a few free view channels which I find very bizarre.
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do need to subscribe to ITV Player and such?

Sorry. In what way are you subscribing to itv player?  If you mean it's part of your package then yes I guess a very small part of your monthly fee is for apps. 

As to the missing Freeview channels that's normal. Sky won't carry all Freeview channel and freesat doesn't have all Freeview channels. I'm not exactly sure how it works but it'll be a commercial decision I would guess. 

0 Kudos
thedalbyfamily
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No I'm not subscribed to ITV Player. I went to watch a program and I was shown a pop-up which states, in order to watch this program you beed to subscribe to the service, please call 150 from landline etc..or something alone those lines.

In asking, why an I being asked to subscribe to this service when ITV Player is a free service?

Thanks for your reply.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi thedalbyfamily,

Thank you for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry that you are getting a popup screen asking you to subscribe to the ITV Player when trying to view a programme on your TiVo.

All ITV channels are available on all of our packages, even the ITV HD channels, so it's puzzling why you are getting this popup screen. What programme and channel were you trying to view? Was this a one off occurrence, or does this happen all the time?

I'll send you a private message to take more details from you so that I can check your TiVo. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi thedalbyfamily,

You should get the channels that are listed for the M package. Not all Freeview channels are on the M package. The Freeview channels that are available on the M package are noted on the list I directed you to with the solid green circle.

If you would like to discuss this further, give us a call.

Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi thedalbyfamily,

Not all Freeview channels are available on Virgin Media. 

There are numerous threads on the Community discussing this, please have a look here for more information:

FREEVIEW CHANNELS.

Virgin Channels & Freeview

Re: Spike TV

Thanks,

0 Kudos
thedalbyfamily
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I know that, but please answer me, why are the free view channels which are available on Virgin Media, not all free? How can you charge people extra money to gain extra FREE view channels?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi thedalbyfamily,

If a channel broadcaster has given permission for Freeview to provide their channel for no charge to their customers, that does not mean that the broadcaster has given the same permission to Virgin Media.

The owners of the channel (channel broadcasters) allow the option for Virgin Media to provide their channel free for Virgin Media customers. If they do allow this, we place the channel in the M TV package. If they don't allow this, and charge us to be able to provide the channel, then the channel will be placed in a package that supports the charge for the channel such at More TV, M+,  L, and XL.

Thanks,

0 Kudos