Menu
Argy
Rising star
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

What background processes are stopped?

Although I have passed on the information posted by @Josh_RW that it is possible to speed up recalcitrant Tivos by Home, Thumbs Up, Thumbs down, Play, Play.... does anyone know what processes are actually stopped,, and should it be a permanent or temporary stop?

I ask because my Tivo slowed down yesterday, but I ran the thumbs/play routine and it sped up again (The Tivo does go into standby mode every night).
So it seems to me that the routine is a temporary fix, but for how long. X number of hours, or until next restart (not even reboot)

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: What background processes are stopped?

Hi Argy,

Thanks for posting!

As I understand it, it's much like clearing the cookies and cache on a web browser. It's not a permanent fix but can be performed every now and again to help speed up the box.

Hope this helps! 

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: What background processes are stopped?

Hi Argy,

Thanks for posting!

As I understand it, it's much like clearing the cookies and cache on a web browser. It's not a permanent fix but can be performed every now and again to help speed up the box.

Hope this helps! 

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out