Menu
podgorny
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Watch my shows on TV anywhere app

I use TV anywhere on my iPhones and iPad. I can use all functionality such as remote control, remote recording and management of my shows etc. I can also watch streaming channels no problem. All this tells me I have all the settings correct. I have been in and checked the network settings etc and they're all ok.

My question, why can't I watch anything from my shows. I understand that maybe I can't watch recordings that are from non streaming channels. However I can't watch any shows.

When I go to my shows I can see everything. I click a show, I click watch now and after a short pause the watch now link greys out. This happens no matter what I try.

And before anyone asks, yes I am connected to the same network my TiVo box is connector to. Even if I click the exclamation mark and select connect to TiVo box network.

So can I watch things from my shows or not?????
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Watch my shows on TV anywhere app

No. You cannot watch your recordings except through your connected TV. This has always been the case, & will remain so until the owners of the programmes you have recorded decide otherwise.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Simple answer. You cannot watch any recordings from My Shows and nowhere does Virgin Media claim you can.

podgorny
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks. I understand it doesn't say you can anywhere. But the inclusion of a watch now button and the way it behaves rather leads you to think that it should!!

Thanks for the answers.
0 Kudos