Menu
justabloke
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

WA5 Postcode_Area 20 No Service at all

As you have an ongoing  total service outage for TV, BB and Phone ref; C00698443.

I assume that my account will be credited automatically and I don't have to call in.

Shonky speed, buffering TiVo and no total loss of service.

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: WA5 Postcode_Area 20 No Service at all

As far as I'm aware, they're not going to credit anything unless you actually complain about it, otherwise they may assume you're just going to wait the issue out.

How long has the service been out for?

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
justabloke
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheers appreciate the input.

Its been out since early hours of the morning and on the service status page its not due to be fixed until late afternoon.

When I left for work there were two guys ripping the guts out the cabinet down the street.

Its interesting to compare customer service standards, I know VM and Virgin trains have nothing in common apart from the colour scheme and brand but there is a shared expectation of standards and service associated with the Virgin brand.

Virgin Trains are currently showing off their customer focus, they are the first train company to automatically credit you if a train is late and you bought your ticket from the Virgin Trains, you don't need to complain or fill in a form, they just do it for you.  I don't see why VM can't do the same when they know there is a fault affecting your area.  They have all the information available to be able to do this

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slightly different service though to be honest, a late train can have a parallax effect in terms of what sort of problems it can cause, whereas a luxury service outage for a day is nothing when compared Smiley Happy

They probably won't bother crediting anything as it's literally going to be less than 24 hours outage, and with any physical parts, repairs are expected once in a while!

Also for the record, just because they're both branded VM, doesn't make them similar in any way Smiley Tongue

The same overall owner, but all independent companies.

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
justabloke
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Also for the record, just because they're both branded VM, doesn't make them similar in any way Smiley Tongue

The same overall owner, but all independent companies.

Agreed that's why I said this.

" I know VM and Virgin trains have nothing in common apart from the colour scheme and brand "

The Virgin brand, to me at least, does stand for something.  Right from the start Virgin has been associated with good customer service, especially Virgin Atlantic.

I think we are agreeing violently and according to my remote BB monitor it was back on in a couple of hours. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
justabloke
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

JakePasquill wrote:
whereas a luxury service outage for a day is nothing when compared Smiley Happy

My landline was offline as well, that's not really a luxury service is it.......

Happy now Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Violent agreement, the best type! Haha.

Glad you're all up and running again, good to hear it's fixed Smiley Happy

I understand about the landline, I completely forgot to factor that into my response!

---------

0 Kudos