Menu
JillyMazda
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Volume on Tivo remote

Got a new tv. Tivo remote changes channels, records, pauses and turns off/on tv but it will not alter the volume or mute. Can anyone help please

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Volume on Tivo remote

0 Kudos
JillyMazda
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi James, it's an LG Smart tv. Pretty sure its just a basic tivo. Definitely not the V6. 

I can't turn off the tv with tivo remote, can't adjust the volume or mute. Also it keeps wanting to turn off the tv off despite having turned off the power saver. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello JillyMazda,

When you hold down the Clear and Volume down buttons does the remote control flash at the top? This is when you would input one of the codes associated with your TV brand but the remote needs to be pointed away from the television when you do this.

If your television is turning off when the TiVo® has the power saving setting turned off, perhaps there's also a power saving setting on your TV?

Have you found all the codes for your LG television? I have added a link here which will give all the codes so if you scroll down to LG then try the codes one at a time one of those codes should pair your box with your television so you can use the mute and volume functions.

Please let me know how you get on.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

0 Kudos
JillyMazda
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried all that and I don't even get anything to put in the 0999 code let alone get any further

Cheers

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @JillyMazda

Sorry to hear this.

What make and model of TV is it that you've got?

And just to confirm - it is a standard TiVo box you're using, not one of our new V6 boxes (the remotes are different, you see).

James 

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JillyMazda
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi James, it's an LG Smart tv. Pretty sure its just a basic tivo. Definitely not the V6. 

I can't turn off the tv with tivo remote, can't adjust the volume or mute. Also it keeps wanting to turn off the tv off despite having turned off the power saver. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello JillyMazda,

When you hold down the Clear and Volume down buttons does the remote control flash at the top? This is when you would input one of the codes associated with your TV brand but the remote needs to be pointed away from the television when you do this.

If your television is turning off when the TiVo® has the power saving setting turned off, perhaps there's also a power saving setting on your TV?

Have you found all the codes for your LG television? I have added a link here which will give all the codes so if you scroll down to LG then try the codes one at a time one of those codes should pair your box with your television so you can use the mute and volume functions.

Please let me know how you get on.

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
JillyMazda
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response. I will give it a go! I think I have sorted out the TV turning off suddenly now. I am certain I didn't have to go through all this with my old tv though.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Okay no problem I hope you were able to resolve this just give me a message if there's any further issues.

All the best

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Southview37
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I followed other posts suggesting using code 0011 and to my great surprise it worked , I have a LG 42L650T.

0 Kudos