Menu
xxclarehxx
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Video blacking out.

Hi, has anyone had the problem with their picture cutting off intermittently? Sometimes it doesnt happen for hours and sometimes it happens every minute, it's the same with live tv and recordings. My whole screen doesnt cut off because the bar at the bottom with the timing and the pause button still shows just no sound or picture. I have tried a new hdmi cable just in case but still doing the same thing. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Video blacking out.

Hi there xxclarehxx, 

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm so sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some poor picture quality and also some Video blacking out from time to time. 

I've done some testing on your TiVo® and can see that there are some power level issues, and there is a fault with the TiVo® hard drive. These two faults will need a technician to call out and investigate further for you. 

I've sent you a private message in order to arrange this, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
xxclarehxx
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it has actually stopped now and I don't think it was the box itself I think it was the connection on my tv but if the problem does start again I will know to get back in touch for a technician to come out.
Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there xxclarehxx, 

Thank you for coming back and letting me know, if everything is behaving itself for you at the moment, then maybe it would be fine to leave things as they are. However the error that I saw with the hard drive will mean that something's not right. 

You may not see evidence of this for a while, so I guess it's okay to say that we can leave it until you start noticing an issue again. 

Should you start seeing those issues again, please let me know and we can get on the case for you. 

Many thanks.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos