Menu
jtp2007
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Very slow Tivo Box

Hello,

We have a Tivo box which has, for the last few months, ground to a halt whilst using the menu and accessing recordings. The box appears to have slowed down significantly over time. We have had the box for at least 3-4 years or more. I have carried out a number of resets which does speed the box back up again but after a few hours it slows down again significantly.

Any help would be much appreciated as, for the price we are paying for our Tivo/TV service, we are not really getting the service one would imagine.

Many thanks,

James.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow Tivo Box

Hi jtp2007,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're TiVo® hasn't been more speedy lately.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have connected to your box remotely and all looks great with the signal and power levels.  All looks ok with the network side of things also.

What I would like to do is carry out some further checks so could you please power off/on the box to refresh things and let me know when this has been done.  Once the box has been rebooted, I can re-check the box remotely and see if there are any changes.

Keep me posted on how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jtp2007
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

Thank you so much for responding so quickly.

I have now powered off/on the TiVo using the button on the rear of the device so you should now be able to carry out further tests.

I look forward to hearing from you again,

James.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi James, 

Thanks for that, I've picked up this message as Collette is currently out of the office. I've run the testing that Collette wanted to do, and to be honest, since you've rebooted, I'm not seeing any errors being logged on the TiVo® at all. All the stats are showing optimum. 

Can I check that the issue with the Very Slow TiVo® is still happening. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Lolajack
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi James,

I'd been having this prob for a while....a general slowness to respond, then yesterday morning "pouf" the green screen of death! I think it means that the hard drive is getting rickety.

Virgin very kindle brought me a new box in 24hours.... It's still not working!

Siana

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jtp2007,

Thanks for coming to our Community and posting about the TiVo Smiley Happy

I'd really like to know how everything is right now, if this has been resolved then we'd love to know in the Community.

If there's anything else that I or another member of the team may assist with please let us know. 

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Siana,

Thank you for your message and sorry for the late reply. I've had a little look and responded to you in another thread here

Keep in touch and speak to you soon. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
colin_c
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I've had this exact same problem for a while as well.

Last time I called up a couple months or so ago was told was no signal issues and I needed to phone up when it goes slow to 'test how long it takes to change channel' etc. Which I thought was nonsense as I know for certain the speed of the box has continually dropped in 2015.

A few months back I had Netflix issues and was on the phone to Tivo faults department and the guy said my Tivo box shouldn't take so long to load or make a clicking sound that it has done for over a year or so now. I had an engineer out to fix a broadband fault after this and he told me the clicking sound was normal, the guy was sound so I trust him. The clicking isn't as frequent these days.

I 100% don't trust the signal tests as my broadband was apparently fine, yet there was a fault with the line outside, the previous engineer didn't do something that affected my signal when fixing another issue I had for about 6-8 months. That was my phone that was crackling non stop, I was 'told' was my phones, line and signal was fine. One day I couldn't use my phone it was so bad, done an online test and said I needed an engineer.

I've did tests today and checked status saying everything is fine on my Tivo. Yet on demand network was unavailable earlier, fixed after a reboot. Just on Netflix and suddenly programme stopped at 25% and said not working. Now on demand back to same as earlier and I can't access Netflix. Need go try a restart after posting this. So annoying.
0 Kudos
colin_c
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Forgot to say, at top says Network Availability(C133)
0 Kudos
jtp2007
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Apologies for the delayed reply. 

I am glad to hear that all the tests show the box is functioning fine. The box does speed up and slow down on different occasions. Sometimes, it can be especially slow when accessing 'My Shows' or pressing the 'Home' button. I think we are just happy to put up with it for the time being.

Thanks again for your help,

James.

0 Kudos