Menu
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM finally admit there is a problem with TiVo

A new thread has been created by the VM team in which it seems they are finally admitting what we all knew anyway. The TiVo is slow as hell, even more so since the recent update, which has also removed the HD movies, in the thread VM say:

"after a recent update customers may experience slowness when using their TiVo® service."

Someone give that man a cigar.

This does beg the question though, will customers get some sort of financial reimbursement for having to put up with a service that has not been fit for purpose?

BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM finally admit there is a problem with TiVo

So the suggestion is to clear all your thumbs.....mine have been built up over years to supposedly help with the suggestions that are made......oh and delete those suggestions also.

If you look at the last few pages of this forum it is littered with my box is slow messages.
Great way to get you to buy into the new V6 box I guess.
KalamakiBob
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So an admission that there is a problem. I agree with the comment that this thumb up/ thumbs down business is an integral part of the service and the admission that clearing this may help is admitting that the way the box works is faulty. No indication of any timescales suggest that this is a fob off and just giving you something to do whilst VM scratch their heads. The box is slow and I believe it will always be slow. However the rate of 'slowness' may vary!

Not good enough I'm afraid.

Shroko
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BinghamBloke wrote:y
So the suggestion is to clear all your thumbs.....mine have been built up over years to supposedly help with the suggestions that are made......oh and delete those suggestions also.

If you look at the last few pages of this forum it is littered with my box is slow messages.
Great way to get you to buy into the new V6 box I guess.

VM do like to make us jump through hoops. Without addressing the underlying problem, at least they now admit that something IS wrong. Whether they will be able to fix it, remains to be seen (I doubt it).

What annoys me though is that they try and justify the recent price increase on new features such as on-demand content etc, that's ridiculous, we cant even get HD Movies on-demand anymore since the bungled update.

I do have some sympathy with the moderators on this forum and the customer services team, its not their fault. The VM executives and the management are wholly responsible for the mess VM is in. They are the ones who need to be held to account.

With those people in charge, who knows what the V6 is going to be like.