Menu
Jacko1988
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to register for Virgin Media

Unable to register for Virgin Media. Installed last Wednesday 11th November but it doesn't recognise my details 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to register for Virgin Media

Jacko1988 wrote:

Unable to register for Virgin Media. Installed last Wednesday 11th November but it doesn't recognise my details 

Check that the paper work you received from Virgin Media has the correct surname spelling etc. If that is OK, then you would best call into 150 / 0345 454 1111 and say go with option 1 (Billing) - ask them to check that the details they have for you match up with what they should be. I did that in a semi-similar situation. If it doesn't - they can correct it and you should be able to register.

if the details do match up then they should have propagated through all of VM's systems by now. To get that chased up by a call in, use the numbers above and this time use the fault report option (option 2) and then report a broadband fault (this covers My VM support too.)

Or, use the Contact Us page from a desktop or laptop device on Monday between 8AM to 8PM: http://www.virginmedia.com/contact/ -> Account and Billing -> Managing your account online. It may say that all agents are busy, if so, reload the page in intervals of 3 minutes and check again, that or leave the page open until a chat prompt shows on screen and use that chat prompt.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We had this problem with my mother's account a week or so ago.

When we called he said he had received a few calls with the same problem

So worth calling in

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jacko1988,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble registering your new account online.  I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today?

If you're still having trouble registering your new account online, as suggested by Shelke and ozsat give our team a buzz on 150 Free from any Virgin Landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other line.  

Let me know how you're getting on, I'm here to help if you need me. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos