Menu
robigouk
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Two Tivo boxes Connected - Playing saved programme from one to the other bug!!!

Hi

I have two boxes connected via powerlink connectors.  It works great and since the update all programmes/channels (bbc/itv) saved programmes will play on either box.

However - occasionally the connection is lost and the pop up windows says "Connection List" it then gives me two options

1. try again

2. cancel

NOW HERE'S THE BUG.  If I choose option 1 "try again" it loads the programme from the last place I loaded it from (normally the start) - NOT where I was up to.

However if I don't choose Option 1 and go back to "my shows" using the left arrow on controller and then choose enter to play the programme it DOES load it from where I lost the connection.

Surely Option 1 should do this????

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Two Tivo boxes Connected - Playing saved programme from one to the other bug!!!

Hi robigouk,

I'm sorry that you've had difficulties with your multi-room TiVo service dropping connection. Thank you for your post and bringing this to our attention.

We do take on board your feedback as we're always looking to improve the way we do things, so I have sent your feedback to our programming department.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Two Tivo boxes Connected - Playing saved programme from one to the other bug!!!

Hi robigouk,

Regarding the problem you have reported when your TiVo loses connection, I have a few questions regarding this so that we can see what's causing this.

When your TiVo loses the connection, have you noticed that your powerline adaptor times out? Can you log into your adaptor settings to make sure there is no idle timeout set? 

What this sounds like is that the powerline adaptor is timing out, so the TiVos lose the connection. In this case, the try again option would reconnect to the beginning of the programme. 

Please let me know.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
robigouk
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

thanks for coming back to me.  they are TP Link AV500 nano adapters and I'm not sure you can log into them - I think they're just always on.  I use another one with my laptop and it never drops the signal so I'm guessing it's just a slow signal that does it as my houses wiring is old!

I reported it to you though because in my opinion at anytime it drops off and gives me the options to "try again" - surely most people would want it to continue where it dropped off from, not the start every time??

If when prompted "try again" I click left to come out and then play the highlight programme again from the other tivo box it does continue from where it left off, but to me the "try again" should do this automatically!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi robigouk,

We really appreciate your feedback on this. I agree, when taking the obvious option, you would expect it to pick up from where it stopped. 

Thanks for getting back to me; I'll pass this on to the development team so this can be investigated.

It is good to know that there is a work around for this, although isn't ideal, but it may help other Forum users if they are having the same issue. If we have any update on this, I'll be back in touch.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
mikefox
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I would like to add another question as I have a similar configuration i.e two boxes connected via powerlink connectors

I get the Connection Lost message very frequently e.g 3 times during an hour long programme.

Any ideas why this should be ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Freeway1
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hi i've just joined the forum and saw this i have just had a second tiro installed and i have them connected by power link plugs and get the same problems this does not happen to anything else i have connected, is there a bug in tivo??

0 Kudos