Menu
regular
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo - youtube

Hi,
I am pleased to say that youtube is back on with a new look but I am experiencing technical issues with it as it tends to freeze intermittently which is annoying when watching music videos.Is Virgin aware of this problem?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo - youtube

Hi regular,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

It's great to hear you're happy with the new YouTube App Smiley Happy  I will certainly look into what's causing the picture disruption for you.

I have carried out some checks and whilst there is no signal or power level issues, there is a some high demand occurring on the network you're connected to.  the high demand isn't at extreme levels so in order to confirm if this is affecting you can you please reply with the following information:

*  Time of day this issue of picture break up has occurred. 

*  Does the same happen when watching anything on BBC iPlayer?  (If you don't normally watch anything through BBC iPlayer can you test it out and see if the same happens please?)

With this information I will be able to check further for you. Smiley Happy

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
regular
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

I have tried my on demand service (ITV player) and that was fine.I am still experiencing intermittent freezing on youtube via tivo, it appears to be worse when an advert comes on prior to what I want to watch

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi regular,

Thanks for your reply and getting back to me with the requested information. Smiley Happy

Since I last posted, we have raised an issue with our teams to investigate this due to a number of reports of picture/sound stuttering on the new YouTube app.  

This is now being investigated and worked on so we can find out what's happening.

Thank you for testing out other Apps for me, it was a great help.  I've added your details/feedback to our investigation to help us along.

As soon as we know more, we will get back to you.

Thank you for your patience. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos