Menu
Mal26
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo red button service

New customer . BBC red button service very slow to load on Tivo . Is this normal ?

0 Kudos
Off_switch
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo red button service

Aha! I thought the same thing! My smart TV is way faster than TIVO. So much so I gave up and don't use it anymore.

Could someone at VM explain?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mal26,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing a slow load up time when using the BBC red button.

The service can take a little while to load up because of the amount of content that's within it but how long are you finding it takes to fully load?

Also does it take the same amount of time after a reboot?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Mal26
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rose . I had Virgin Media up to a few years ago and had forgotten that I need to reboot occasionally !  Doing so has improved the load up time from one minute nine seconds to sixteen seconds . Of course with Tivo the red button brings up a much different experience with "video" clips available unlike the secondary box which I have  that just gives "typed" messages , but at the same time giving an insert box by which I can see and hear the BBC programme whilst I am reading the "teletext" . I think that I will stick to the secondary box if I want to look at teletext : the visual effects on Tivo may suit some people but all I want to do is read the headlines in brief . Thanks for your help . Mal

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mal26,

I'm glad to hear that the BBC red button load up speed has improved. Yes recently BBC relaunched their interactive service to include more content and video streams so you will find it will look and feel a lot different from the previous version.

If you have any further issues please let me know.

Take care Smiley Happy

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos