Menu
ianjayne
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Tivo persistent problems

Hi all

We have had issue with this for a while.  Freezing,picture pixellating, jumping back to start when playing a 'catch up' and so on. Speaking to CS last week we were requested to 'clean it up'  We've done that 'freed up memory' 'thumbs down' for programmes not required, deleted recordings etc etc and rebooted a couple of times but the problem persists. I note also almost daily (and as of this time) there are still issues.. Seems little point in us doing 'house keeping' when the system itself seems faulty and flawed. It does seem there is a fundamental issue at source and it's not local. The CS rep said if it did not improve VM would need to send an engineer out to look at it locally, but as above will that solve it.

We pay an extra £5 pm for this device but if its not working then it will have to go.

Any opinions, help or advice?

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo persistent problems

It's either a duff box (2/1 on fav) or a signal issue (3/1). Either way I'm guessing an engineer is the next step. Which means another phone call I'm afraid. 

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's either a duff box (2/1 on fav) or a signal issue (3/1). Either way I'm guessing an engineer is the next step. Which means another phone call I'm afraid. 

ianjayne
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Spoke to support. The problems causing the issues have been identified and a fix should be in place later today. The service supply is being monitored. When the fix has been completed our service will be monitored for performance. All recordings will have stored the previous issues and until they are out of the system and it is purged they will still manifest themselves.
0 Kudos
ianjayne
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Ok so it was supposed to have been resolved by around 1700 hours, the person I spoke to was going to monitor issues.  Well my other half was watching Corry and 6 minutes into the programme it stops and goes back to the start.  No call from CS.  He is there until 2200. Lets see, not holding my breath though.

0 Kudos
ianjayne
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

No one called, still have the same issues. So no change there. Phone job now - app made for techie.

0 Kudos
Gourza84
Tuning in
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi ianjayne

Have you had any resolution with this, seems like I am having the same problems as you so wanted to see if the techie fixed it so I can book one for myself.

Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi ianjayne,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you've had trouble with your TiVo®.

Has the technician sorted it out for you? Give me a shout if you're still experiencing issues with this.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gourza84,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this too!

I've located your account and I can see a signal issue that's likely causing the picture break up you've described.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to take a look.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gourza84,

Thanks, I'll pass that on to the technician.

Let me know how the appointment goes and give me a shout if you need anything else.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
ianjayne
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Josh

The techie came today and was confident he had resolved the issues.

Whilst it does seem he has stopped the pixellating (low signal value) the live programmes do keep stopping at or just after the beginning.  Watching 'Cold Feet' tonight it was some 7 minutes into the programme and then back the beginning.

Sorry to dent his confidence.

We look forward to a swift resolution please, we fail to see why we should pay £5 pm for a device which seems to be increasingly prone to failing.

0 Kudos